Shotgun light

JustBC

I want to mount a light on my Benelli M4. Has anyone tried the Steiner Mk7 Battle Light? It replaces the end cap of the magazine tube. It sticks out a couple inches past the muzzle. One of the plusses would be no shadow like you would get in a side mounted light. Another plus is no need to replace the forend. The minus for me is that it sticks out past the muzzle.

Thoughts anyone?

A little bit of searching will find you here: http://www.avatactical.com/

or here: http://forums.benelliusa.com/showthread.php/32451-New-Product-Announcement-Benelli-M4-Mount-from-AVATactical-com-Discount-Available

They're popular with folks on this forum but may not be available at the moment. Check them out.

Edited by truckcop

I would worry about muzzle blast damaging the light. I have a magazine tube that extends past the muzzle and it gets lead splatter on it from shooting slugs and carbon residue from all rounds. The blast right there has to be terrible. It would take a tough light to survive there.

Mike

MAX,

That is what I was afraid of. I am going to order a BLAM until such time as AVA has anything in stock that I can check out.

Thanks! BC

• 2 weeks later...

I've been watching this thread hoping to get some additional info on the IWC M4 light mount. I'm also interested in what's going on with the new Ava mount. Any updates? In the mean time I could use some recommendations on which light I should be looking for, which would fit both of these mounts. My M4 will be used primarily for home defense. I'm thinking around 400 lumens should be about right. Suggestions?

I've been watching this thread hoping to get some additional info on the IWC M4 light mount. I'm also interested in what's going on with the new Ava mount. Any updates? In the mean time I could use some recommendations on which light I should be looking for, which would fit both of these mounts. My M4 will be used primarily for home defense. I'm thinking around 400 lumens should be about right. Suggestions?

Thanks for the interest Mark.

We're just a few weeks out, all parts are machined, we are just putting a literal finish on them.

There are some great enhancements coming with the 2nd generation mount, as well we retain the flexibility of the 1st generation in that both .8 inch and 1 inch lights - and new we can mount Scouts as well.

Thanks for the interest Mark.

We're just a few weeks out, all parts are machined, we are just putting a literal finish on them.

There are some great enhancements coming with the 2nd generation mount, as well we retain the flexibility of the 1st generation in that both .8 inch and 1 inch lights - and new we can mount Scouts as well.

Thanks for the update! I'm looking forward to seeing what you have come up with. Also interested in your pricing, especially in light of (pun intended) the IWC offering.

Edited by markd

What additional info would you like?

The base mount will be as shown on our site, consisting of two CNC Machined Billet 6061-T6 Black Type III Mil Spec anodized "halves" if you will. The top half of the mount has ambi Scout M300 & M600 & Streamlight Rail Mount 1 & 2 mounts, which use 2 - 8-32 x 1/4 TORX or hex fasteners to mount the light at the 1 or 11 position. The top half slides along the underside of the barrel and then drops down and seats against the snap ring groove and flats used to hold the factory stamped webbing sling mount in place, which you toss when using our mount.

Then the bottom half with the ambi Rotation Limited QD's goes into the lower half of the snap ring groove and against the flats. You then insert 2- 8-32 x 3/4" TORX or Hex fasteners into each side and tighten. The halves clamp onto the flats and ring groove, making it impossible for the mount & Scout to rotate or pop off.

The intro price for this mount is $70.00. Going to $100.00 after the first lot sells out.

Optional is a single rail section, specially designed to bolt where either or both of the Scouts go. This rail section allow attachment of an Inforce WML or other weapon rail mounted light or laser. Pricing will be $20 introductory, $25 after the first batch sells out.

The optional rail section accepts any of three IWC rings, which we've sold for over five years. They come in .830, 1.00 or 1.030 and are $20.00.

So if you run a handheld light and wait for the pricing to increase, the total of 4 parts would be $145. But we offer the SUMMIT program, which has free, no strings attached, discounted pricing for a variety of distinguished professions, including the average Joe!

Just an FYI... IWC has invested over $10K in design, prototype and Patent costs to bring this niche market item to fruition.

We hope you like it. It's a simple, light, strong, 2-4 parts, same tool mount made right here in the USA using all of our knowledge gained on our current line of exceptional mounting solutions.

• 2 weeks later...