M1 Practical Muzzle Brake Question

Tacman

My M1 Practical has a compensator/muzzle brake that is attached to a "cylinder" choke. I have not been able to separate the compensator from the choke by simply turning it. Has anyone removed these pieces from each other? Are they able to be separated? If so, how? And what other chokes does the compensator fit, if any? Does anyone have experience with this? Any insights are helpful. Thanks and stay safe, Tacman

Tacman,I called my partner who owns a Practical model also,he says it is a two piece item and that you might have to get two pump pliers on it ,in a manner as not to damage your item.The threading will be standard not opposite,also he installs the tube first ,tightens with choke wrench, then puts lube on the threads and installs the muzzle brake.Brownells has more info on extra tubes etc,as soon as my webmaster is better , I'll try to get some pics of the Benelli family on here.hope this helps M1014 smile.gif

M1014,

I got the two pieces apart finally. Can you ask your friend with the Practical: 1. what chokes he received with the gun, 2. which ones will accept the compensator. Seems I have 4 chokes and only 1 will accept the compensator - the "cylinder" choke that was tight. It is the only one with an extension that will accept the compensator because it has an additional length of threading that allows the compensator to screw on. The others just screw in as a regular choke would and have no extended threads to accept the compensator. I tried the Brownells website and no mention is made of the Practical. Do you know if what they refer to as an "extended" choke will work? Not sure if those have threads to attach the compensator. They were closed when I called today. Thanks for the help. Tacman

hey Tacman,He bought the firearm in 1999, on the east coast in some hole in the wall shop ,things where alot different then,it only came with the one tube,and the speedloader kit and was cheaper then.These days they sell more tubes and a metal muzzle brake etc.The Practical model is a very fine weapon over all brands.He is out of town now so I'll talk to him another time.Keep trying and stay dry M1014 :cool:

[ August 09, 2003, 04:15 PM: Message edited by: M1014 ]