Announcement: AVA Mod1 for the Benneli M4

AVATactical.com

Thanks gentlemen.

Pleased you are happy with the results!!

I like the new version of the fury much better, not only is it knurled but as you mentioned the feature fits right into the void built into the mount and locks it in place. Although we tested it with the original smooth fury as well and it would not move even when using 3" slugs.... we wanted to eliminate any possible slipping.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a photochop...

With surefire fury, G2x or other lights, if you want to eliminate all barrel shadow.... that can in fact be done...

Have a salvo 12? We can eliminate suppressor shadow as well? How long of a light do you need?..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

nQX0rQ4.png

Email me if you are interested.

Edited by AVATactical.com

What a work of art, simply beautifully designed. Well done., congrats to you M4 owners.

Awe Shucks!

Thank you sincerely.

To shamelessly quote myself, Post #18......"Lengthen your light 4" or shorten your barrel 4"

First solution, nicely Done !

Here is a side by side of a standard light and the longer light that gets you to barrel length. You can also choose to go somewhere in between - to reduce but not eliminate shadow, there are several lengths of extensions available.

These extensions are Surefire 6 Series compatible and also fit the P2X Fury (new) series.

You can add batter life by doing this as well.

Won't be for everyone, but if barrel shadow is a pet peeve this is a viable solution.

http://i.imgur.com/xtfv3Hg.jpg

xtfv3Hg.jpg

PRICING

$35.00

Chose 1-4 Cell Extension. Each cell is ~1.3 Inches.

4 Cells allows you to get your emitter flush with the barrel.

Each extension will come with Dummy Cells to maintain default voltage.

This is a special order item. Please email us to order.

Edited by AVATactical.com
added picture

4 Cells worth of body extension is 2.5 ounces.

Dummy Cells are about the same - 17 grams each, for about 2.4 ounces. Total 5 ounces unless lighter cells can be made...

Sorry, but that looks absolutely ridiculous. A very half ass fix. Hardly can believe it's actually being considered.

Why can the mount not be moved out further instead?

Unfortunately, there are not any 'Great' solutions. At least that I am aware of. Been discussed here at length.

This is one option, won't be for everyone. Not even for me. IMHO, on a full length shotgun - your best option is to deal with the barrel shadow.

Second best option? Put a light on both sides or a long light. Both a solution in search of a problem.

• 2 weeks later...

I may have missed it here in the thread somewhere and if so, please forgive me. Just received my mount and was going to install it but was wondering if there are any particular torque specs for the screws and any particular pattern for tightening recommended - I'm assuming star pattern like an automotive wheel but, hey, I'm no engineer nor do I play one on the internet and there were no instructions in the package.

On a side note, you have some design and execution skills - just saying. This mount is NOT, repeat NOT, done justice by the pictures in this thread. You have to get it in your hands to really understand just how well this is designed and made. Impressive.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Got in a Surefire M600IB last night to test on the Benelli. Unfortunately the 1.37” bezel is too large to fit with the Ava Tactical mount. I was on the fence concerning the IntelliBeam function of this light until I got to mess with it for a while. The reduction in lumens with shining the light on a close range object like a wall works great. There isn’t much or any delay in how fast the light output changes. Bouncing 600 lumens off a white wall 10’ away will make your eyes hurt. This dials it back significantly to like 100 lumens. You don’t have to do anything special with the switch. No modes or complicated crap. Just mash the momentary/constant on button and it does all the work for you.

I migrated the unit unit to my AR15 and stole its 500 lumen Standard lamp for the second Benelli.

I’m kind of glad it doesn’t fit the Benelli, or is have to buy two more.

Got in a Surefire M600IB last night to test on the Benelli. Unfortunately the 1.37” bezel is too large to fit with the Ava Tactical mount. I was on the fence concerning the IntelliBeam function of this light until I got to mess with it for a while. The reduction in lumens with shining the light on a close range object like a wall works great. There isn’t much or any delay in how fast the light output changes. Bouncing 600 lumens off a white wall 10’ away will make your eyes hurt. This dials it back significantly to like 100 lumens. You don’t have to do anything special with the switch. No modes or complicated crap. Just mash the momentary/constant on button and it does all the work for you.

I migrated the unit unit to my AR15 and stole its 500 lumen Standard lamp for the second Benelli.

I’m kind of glad it doesn’t fit the Benelli, or is have to buy two more.

Mmmmm...makes overmatch a breeze when you light someone up who has an IB light! :p

Might be an issue. I’ll have to test that. The path is pretty narrow for it to dim due to that long fluted pipe that covers the sensor. I’m not sure if you’re dueling flashlights would be of much benefit other than blinding both of you.

The light from these units is really clean. One of the best I’ve seen from Surefire. It might be from the larger bezel.

Might be an issue. I’ll have to test that. The path is pretty narrow for it to dim due to that long fluted pipe that covers the sensor. I’m not sure if you’re dueling flashlights would be of much benefit other than blinding both of you.

The light from these units is really clean. One of the best I’ve seen from Surefire. It might be from the larger bezel.

I wish they could do it with a smaller bezel. I saw that when they came out