AVATactical.com

• 8 months later...
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello, are you folks still in business and stocking these mounts from time to time? I see the website is still up but the store has been under maintenance for a while. Glad to wait for restock if that’s the status just don’t want to keep stalking your page if you stopped making them.

On 7/31/2021 at 10:13 AM, Arkrilok said:

Hello, are you folks still in business and stocking these mounts from time to time? I see the website is still up but the store has been under maintenance for a while. Glad to wait for restock if that’s the status just don’t want to keep stalking your page if you stopped making them.

I too have been stocking their page waiting for these to come back in stock. However, the page I’m seeing isn’t under construction. It says to be patient as they are still in the process of making more. 

CE27DF87-B647-4DDB-9ED8-7DDBD7E8EA1C.png

I would not expect to see any more of these made. IWC likely killed this with their cheaper, simpler design that is more forward compatible with future lighting options like the 18650 bodies. Hell, it’s probably lighter too. I say this as someone who had a role in designing the Ava mount. Not from an engineering and cad standpoint, but from a concept designer. Joel did all the hard cad parts. 

While I like the looks of the Ava mount better, functionally they both perform the same function.