Optic mounting

tinman1975

I have been out of the loop for a while because I have never felt the need to mount an optic on my m4. Fast forward to current politics in California and the recent assault weapons ban going into effect. I am feeling like I do not want to use a carbine for HD anymore. That being said, what is the best solution currently for mounting an aimpoint t-1 micro? I remember there being issues with the benelli rail not being in spec, and mil spec rails are out of stock from freedom fighter tactical. As far as I know, Kip hasn't produced any rails lately.

I know people like different optics for their shotgun, but I do not want to buy another optic....I simply wanna remove the aimpoint from my rifle and place on my M4. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

I'm gonna have to change the mount anyways, because I have the larue high mount already. I have seen the fairly new Midwest industries mount, but haven't seen any reviews or opinions on it.....I am a little skeptical that it goes from 5 screws to only 2 screws holding the mount to the receiver. But I am totally accepting that I will have to get a new mount....I just don't know which ones will work with the out of spec rail, or if there are others that actually replace the rail

Ah....of course I bought my micro as a package deal from larue which included their mount and NOT the aimpoint mount hehe. So something like the LRP Mount? I think the conversion kit assumes you already have the low mount.....I will have o se if I can just get the low mount separately

Edited by tinman1975

Yeah another awesome thing about California is I am not allowed to rock the collapsible stock either:(. I am currently running a field stock because I shoot sporting clays and the field stock is most consistent with my usual " mounting" of the gun for point and shooting. I like the looks of the MI mount....I just wish there were more reviews on the durability of the 2 screw mounting system