Benelli M4 Multi Light Mount by IWC

lowspeed_highdrag

[[[i can only post two pictures, and I have written up a very long review on this new light mount for my Benelli M4. With that said, I have included a link in my post for a google.doc that contains my full review.]]]

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1f9owRJGFxlphIVpoMwL57hr6Hl7CqtJ6GgGOsrwBjps/edit?usp=sharing

Impact Weapons Components is releasing their new Benelli Light mount, and I was able to get my hands on a pre-production model before they ship. I'll give you folks the short story, it's super light, strong, takes scout lights, ring mounts, and 1913 rail mount lights, it doesnt touch the barrel, and it has ambi QD sling attachments. My opinion...it's awesome.

(Two piece design attaches where the old sling mount snap ring went.)

DSC_0469_zpsyxnixxct.jpg

(With my BFG Vickers Sling and SF Mini Scout attached)

DSC_0480_zpsq5scnmki.jpg

Edited by lowspeed_highdrag

Been asked before, but would love to see pictures of this mount with a handheld light mounted with a direct downward view on the firearm. It looks like there will be a not insignificant gap - light in ring, attached to pic rail, attached to mount. Handheld lights are 90+% of all installations. Scout will be the exceptions. Total cost I think was stated for all the parts to do that was 145.

Not sure I am digging the idea of crushing my knuckles on the dual widely set low hanging QDs.

Took some pictures of the mount with an Elzetta Bravo in a Ring Mount on the 1913 Pic Rail section. Just to show the separation of the light and barrel:

IMG_1174_zpshpkkwygj.jpg

IMG_1188_zpsc8cfwnto.jpg

This setup:

Base Scout Mount - $70 intro, I guess it's gonna be $99 on Feb 1.

1913 Rail - $24.95

1" Ring - $19.95

Elzetta Bravo's are around $210 on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Elzetta-Output-Bravo-Flashlight-Crenellated/dp/B00I8B7P1A

• 4 weeks later...

Love the new IWC Light Mount for the Benelli M4. Secures the Surefire M600 or Streamlight Protac Rail 2 lights directly to the barrel lug, leaving the barrel and the magazine tube untouched. I like that the light, which is intended for use on long guns, attaches directly to the mount without having to use rings. It makes for a very well designed, sleek mount. The mount is well made with excellent fit and finish. I was impressed with the IWC customer service, which provided fast responses to my emails.

IMG_0772.jpg

IMG_0774.jpg

IMG_0776.jpg

IMG_0779.jpg

Received mine today and got it installed. I'm going to run it with a SF M600U in an IWC Scout body, and then with a UE tailcap and a SR07 tape switch. The light will be on the right side of the shotgun with the tape switch on the left side (on a SF M80 rail). No assembled pics yet as I had to order the UE tailcap and SR07. Fun fact is that it appears there may be a clearance issue when using a SF M80 with the standard Z68 tailcap and the new IWC light mount. Likely a non-issue for most as I suspect 90%+ will have the OEM handguards on and activate via a Z68 tailcap. I went with this light setup as it more closely resembles how my other longguns are setup for light activation, and I shoot them much much more than my M4.

20170206_165854_zpsuueoyeeq.jpg

20170206_165841_zpsa8uzzkoa.jpg

Edited by calviroman

With an M300U, and a battery, and all hardware, it adds 4.7oz total to the shotgun. Mine arrived, as well, and I am VERY pleased with it! The form factor is flawless, the mounting appears very solid. I would have preferred larger gaps on either side, though, because I feel that at about 20 in-lb, the halves would make solid contact. I stopped at about what my fingers (lots of experience mounting expensive glass with torque wrenches in expensive rings) call 10-15 in-lb, and I had only around 0.002" clearance (feeler-gauge measured) on either side of the gaps. I used Loctite 243 on all screws. I love that formulation.

I received mine last week and finally got it all put together. Over the years I've had all the different Benelli M4 light mounts and this one is right up there neck and neck with the AVA Mod 1. Great to see now two excellent weaponlight mounting options. My setup consists of a SF M600U w/ IWC Scout body, UE tailcap, and SR07 pressure switch, mounted to the new IWC Scout mount. The SR07 wire routes through the SF M80 handguard and beneath several LaRue rail covers. The pics pretty much explain the rest. In my opinion, this is a clean setup for those, like me, that do not like to activate their Scout using their weakside thumb and prefer a pressure tape switch. I have found in the past that when under stress I have had a hard time effectively operating the Scout w/ my weakside thumb while rapidly shooting and maneuvering with a shotgun. With this setup I never need to shift or break grip. Also, as a stubborn righthander, I prefer my weaponlights on the right side as it lets me more effectively use cover while not blocking the weaponlight's line of sight to the target.

20170209_173654_zps4rpybd4b.jpg

20170209_173542_zpsbxmq7gxf.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
For an X300 you'll need the picatinny rail attachment option. The basic mount is setup only for direct Scout light attachment so the small rail option will act as an interface adapter for your X300

Thanks for answer! And where can get this small rail?

From IWC...when selecting the mount there is a drop down list from which you can select the version which includes the rail segment. It's not very clear (poorly worded) on the IWC site which of the last two drop down options you want so you may need to email their customer service for clarification. When I preordered mine I don't recall there being any options and I was direct mounting a Scout so just needed the most basic version.

Yes - and it is my understanding that there are only two variants of the IWC mount (direct Scout attach or pic rail), so IWC's drop list should only show "Scout direct mount" and "1913 rail" verses the current four options which are somewhat confusing. Regardless of the confusion, great weaponlight mount!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Hopefully someone still glances at this thread often enough to see this question...

Anyone know if the IWC mount has a mechanism, other than friction on the barrel lug, to prevent the mount from rotating around the lug?  It's hard to tell from the pictures here and on the IWC site, but it looks like a decent side impact could potentially spin the mount around the barrel lug and slam some part of the mount into the barrel.