MR1 parts... Need help locating. Benelli USA discontinued parts.

redraif

So my rear sight is on the way. I think it shares other platforms, so Benelli USA still has it.

However... I still need a forend for my MR1.

benelli-mr1_003circled.jpg

Long story short mine was destroyed in shipment and the seller screwed me. Box too small with not enough padding, so UPS denied the claim. So I'm stuck fixing it on my own... local smith says gun polymer is not repairable. :mad:

So maybe someone knows someone who had an MR1 that is INOP and is looking to sell parts off it?

Another thought in searching for parts venders... Stores in Canada are still selling New MR1s. So apparently they are still marketing them and shipping new ones to Canada. That being said... Surely the parts are available there as well.

I have begun sending emails to anyone who is listing online they sell MR1's in Canada. So far no return emails. I have hit a dead end in searching for a BenelliCanada like the US has a benelliUSA. But even if I do locate the Benelli Canada parts distributor, they don't sell to the public, so I need a vender.

Are there any Canadians out there who have a line on a gun store/ gunsmith with Benelli Distribution rights?

tmp_13108-20170123_162339887780486.jpg

tmp_13108-20170123_162949878230280.jpg

Well one of my emails panned out! Shout outto Al Flaherty's Outdoor Store. They actually answered my email and told methere's only one supplier in Canada for Benelli parts like that, and it's theimporter to Canada.

Stoeger Canada - (1-800-263-1945)and that I would need to contact parts & warranty.

Peter at Stoeger was a great help and hopefully I will be able to call tomorrowand work out the details to purchase the part from Kira at Stoeger. For anyonewondering if the parts can cross the Us/Canada line... yes they can. The issueis having the correct permits to do so. As there is a benelli parts in the US,Stoeger does not have the permit to ship to the US, but I should be able to usemy friend as a go between.

So cross your fingers that Kira can get her hands on one for me.

Actually I was wrong. The rear sight does not share platforms.

Presently there are none available in the US. I actually have one at my Benelli dealer and one I got from MGW. Long story, but short of it... Benelli dealer dropped the ball in getting it for me and never communicated with me. I called, was told its not in, then told Benelli shipped wrong part. I called Benelli and they had no replacement to send. Called my Dealer and he said they are too busy with shot show and have not bothered with it. So i kept looking... then one showed up the next day @ Midwest Gun Works, so I ordered it.. Then the sight magically shows up with the dealer the very same day. One sight will go back. So there will still be one in the states.

The kicker... Benelli USA told me the new sight assembly would come with both small and large apertures. Neither has the small aperture. Both came with the large. Will be contacting Benelli USA, but their phone are acting up presently. Stoeger Canada said the assembly should not have come with the large, it should have come with the small aperture. The large one is an additional accessory? So I'm a bit confused there.

Forend... no used in Canada. Still working out a Canada recipient to receive and forward to me. Good grief!

Edited by redraif

Oh and I took a few more photos of the damage. I was fully inspecting the MR1 for function. I decided to remove the forend to verify the gas system... praying the damage would not affect function. Seems the damage is strictly cosmetic! WHEW! here are a few more pics:

tmp_15855-20170131_112247-1790031562.jpg

tmp_15855-20170131_1122161697998386.jpg

So I spoke with Benelli usa. They confirmed it came with the large aperture that comes on the M4. I told them I needed the smaller as well. That they had told me originally the replacement sight assembly would come with both apertures. The Benelli tech I spoke with said he would send out the small one to me. This was yesterday. The MR1 guy was not in to confirm the assembly should have come with both. Today I confirmed with them that yes indeed it should have come with both and they said yes. They were not sure what happened that both assemblies were incomplete.

On that note... I will be returning the one to Midwest gun works to make it easier for the next guy to get the last rear sight assembly.

To update... I am sending the MR1 rear sight assembly back to MGW today or tomorrow after work. I feel this is the best way to help the next guy/gal, as MGW lists them for sale online. I took a closer look at the bag the rear sight came in. There were staple holes on the baggie, but nothing attached. I read on another thread that this was typically how the other aperture was included. Simply stapled to a card or bag. This must be what happened, at some point the 2nd aperture became detached.

On a side note... the small aperture I was missing arrived at the house today. The wife was nice enough to call and let me know. I had her take it out of the package and verify. So score to Joe over at BenelliUSA for getting it out to me lightening fast!

I also had a manual shipped and Joe emailed the schematic's to help in future part inquiries.

• 2 months later...

They have flat stopped importing anything mr1 to the states period. So Canada is the only shot we have. I'm still not sure I can get mine. Still working to connect to my wife's friend there.

Only other option... $300 US is quite a chunk if I have to go thru a Canadian vendor and they will NOT guarantee it will come. So they want non refundable Payment up front. Yipes! Apparently Benelli has screwed them in the past.

• 2 years later...
  • 10 months later...

Has anyone been able to find one of the forend tri rail mount for the MR-1? I have the MR-1, but can’t seem ti find the forend tri rail anywhere.... Anyone ever have success with this accessory and able to give me a good lead on getting one? I am in Canada. Thanks a bunch in advance for any tips, I am truly grateful for any knowledge or leads I can get. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

I know this thread is incredibly old... but hopefully I can bring some joy to any MR-1 owners out there. I bought an old MR-1 on GunBroker. It had been badly Bubba'd. They'd taken off the rear sight. They used some bad glue to attempt to attach Pic rails on the forend!

Anyway - the good news is that I was able to clean the glue off. Still no tri-rail so I think I'm going to end up drilling holes and bolting on Magpul aluminum pic rails.

As for the rear sight: I took a gamble and bought an LPA Sights BAR11RD5 from a USA distributor. https://www.lpasights.com/en/products/bar11rd5/
I got rear sight screws from Midwest Gun Works - but it looks like I bought the last ones. Maybe screws from a Benelli shotgun would work?

The sight fits perfectly and yesterday I took it to the range - it was basically perfect out to 25 yards - sufficient for my needs.

Edited by NooYawka
Forgot to include result of gamble.