Performance Shop Changes and SBE3

Lefty81

I realize the they just released the SBE3 so I guess performance mods will be in the near future but I thought it was still odd that they removed the SBE2 waterfowl edition from their site. I think the upland models look sharp with the cerakote finish as well as the different turkey offerings.

Anyone have any first hand experience with the SBE3 and care to comment on the changes from the SBE2? Likes and dislikes.

I handled the SBE3 at the SHOT Show.

The SBE 3 primary changes include a hinged (Beretta style) shell latch for easier loading of the magazine tube, redesigned receiver where the barrel is inserted into the front of the receiver (ala M2 and most other shotguns), a Vinci looking forearm. and a modification to the bolt that is supposed eliminate the “Benelli click”

I was wondering if they had redesigned the receiver. I liked the former design purely for the fact that I felt like it was much easier to clean than the other type of receiver (M2). Although it looks like the receiver is tapped for mounting a scope which is a plus.

Thanks for the reply. I had been thinking about getting another shotgun to go along with my SBE1. When they come out with a lefthand SBE3 I may seriously consider one.

Edited by Lefty81