AR Style Safety - Like or No Like?

AVATactical.com

Like or No Like?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Like or No Like?

• No Like
    • Eh

No clue, you know what I know... I haven't tried it. Interesting concept.

Yes the safety has to be 100% for it to be worth a crap.

I am not a huge fan of how far it sticks out from the body, but it must do so to clear the contours of the pistol grip. Ideally, but it would be prohibitively expensive, there would be a pistol grip with new contours so it could be flush.

I like the 45 idea as well, that should me a matter of the way the barrel is milled.

Do you use 45's on all your ARs, I assume?

Edited by AVATactical.com

No clue, you know what I know... I haven't tried it. Interesting concept.

Yes the safety has to be 100% for it to be worth a crap.

I am not a huge fan of how far it sticks out from the body, but it must do so to clear the contours of the pistol grip. Ideally, but it would be prohibitively expensive, there would be a pistol grip with new contours so it could be flush.

I like the 45 idea as well, that should me a matter of the way the barrel is milled.

Do you use 45's on all your ARs, I assume?

I use 90* on my carbine platforms. I installed ambi on my latest, but honestly prefer usgi I think. I trained to shoot ambi without any special gear modifications.

The real litmus is how does this benelli safety feel? Does it fall easily to the user's control interface, or is it like driving an older exotic with offset pedals? (This assumes it's mechanically sound)

I use mostly 45 degree FIRE selectors on the AR platforms. I don't are for the ambidextrous part of this unit. I'd be happy with just a strong hand thumb side lever. My hope would be the lever having the same tactile feel of the AR15 selectors to provide a cross platform standard of use.

I agree this would be a good idea. I shoot a lot of AR platform style guns and think this type of safety would feel automatic.

• 1 year later...

I tried out the selector. For the M4 owners I would say do not waste your time. I hand to open my grip to actuate the selector switch. I'm 6'5 with large hands. The tip of my thumb would touch the switch. Also, I did not like how there was no positive feel when the detent went to FIRE or SAFE. I even swapped out the stock detent pin and stock spring with an AR detent pin and spring. I cut to size the spring. The audible click and feel improved but was still not satisfactory. The concept is a worthy one but it needs more development.