A P350 is not a Nova

Alberta Newfie

A Stoeger P350 looks a lot like a Nova and at first inspection it seemed OK. I bought the P350 and took it out for a day of patterning and skeets. First shot through the P350 and the breech blows back like a semi. Second, third shot same thing. The P350 goes back to the store and a Benelli Nova comes out. Some things only look like other things. The Stoeger is a cheap knock off of a Nova, you get what you pay for. The Nova is still unfired due to lack of time. :rolleyes: I hope it will fair much better.

What I am talking about is a forceful blow back like a semi, in that the fore stock completely came back to full stop and the empty shell ejected. All I needed to do was move the fore stock forward to chamber the next shell. I am pretty sure that is not in the design of the P350. (several posts exist on this forum describing the same event). I would hope the Nova is not like this. (still have not fired it yet!)

[ 03-01-2006, 10:34 PM: Message edited by: Alberta Newfie ]

I've had the same experience w/ my Nova when shooting 3.5" turkey loads. Didn't open enough to eject shell, but about half way. Was shooting over sandbags and didn't have a firm grip. It has been my experience that almost any pump will open somewhat under similar conditions.

John

Originally posted by john1911:

I've had the same experience w/ my Nova when shooting 3.5" turkey loads. Didn't open enough to eject shell, but about half way. Was shooting over sandbags and didn't have a firm grip. It has been my experience that almost any pump will open somewhat under similar conditions.

John

Maybe true, although this was uncontrollable.