Choke Tube Question

JosERW

I just ordered an IC choke for my Benelli M4 since it came with a M and it will be used mostly for home defense. I know they are made by Trulock but I figured what the **** and I ordered from Benelli since the stock M shoots so well. The choke that came with the gun is black and the IC choke I received is chrome. Also there are no identifying notches on the new IC choke. Did Benelli switch designs? Is there a difference between the chrome and the black? Why no ID notches?

I just ordered an IC choke for my Benelli M4 since it came with a M and it will be used mostly for home defense. I know they are made by Trulock but I figured what the **** and I ordered from Benelli since the stock M shoots so well. The choke that came with the gun is black and the IC choke I received is chrome. Also there are no identifying notches on the new IC choke. Did Benelli switch designs? Is there a difference between the chrome and the black? Why no ID notches?

I don't really know the answer to the question, but I'm in the same boat. I ordered 3 chokes from Benelli, Cylinder, Improved Cylinder, and improved modified, and they all came chrome with no notches. They showed on the website, like they would be black like the Modified choke that came with the gun.

It's not really a big deal to me, but I'm curious as well. I take my choke tube out and clean it when I clean my gun, after every time I shoot. As long as the identification marks on the side of the choke tube don't ever wear off, that would be my only issue with not having notches.