Need help choosing.

tex31

Greetings all. New to the forum here and I have a problem I need help with right away. I own a Benelli Nova Tactical and an 870 express tactical and I need to sell one of them asap. I'm not sure of which one I should let go. I like them both and they both have their pros and cons. I will say they were both purchased new late last year and I haven't had a chance to put a lot of rounds through them. I do like the nova a little more but I've heard the novas are prone to misfires and lite primer strikes. The one I keep will be my home defense gun so I have to know I can trust my life to it if need be. This will be my one only gun I will have on hand for awhile.

Greetings all. New to the forum here and I have a problem I need help with right away. I own a Benelli Nova Tactical and an 870 express tactical and I need to sell one of them asap. I'm not sure of which one I should let go. I like them both and they both have their pros and cons. I will say they were both purchased new late last year and I haven't had a chance to put a lot of rounds through them. I do like the nova a little more but I've heard the novas are prone to misfires and lite primer strikes. The one I keep will be my home defense gun so I have to know I can trust my life to it if need be. This will be my one only gun I will have on hand for awhile.

Sell em both and get a Mossberg 590A1?

I really like the Mossberg 500 series shotguns. However out of all the big name gun companies that make pump actions Mossberg has in my opinion the worst quality control out of the bunch. I know from first hand experience. I bought 2 Mossberg pumps in the last 5 years and they both had issues. The first one was a brand new 590 that came from the factory put together wrong and the other one was a brand new 590a1 with major rust issues inside the barrel. Both problems had to be corrected by my local gunsmith. It was impossible to get through to Mossberg's customer service to have them deal with it. That's why I went Benelli and Remington. Their quality control seems to be better then Mossberg's. The fit and finish on my nova and 870 are way better then any Mossberg I've ever owned.

I really like the Mossberg 500 series shotguns. However out of all the big name gun companies that make pump actions Mossberg has in my opinion the worst quality control out of the bunch. I know from first hand experience. I bought 2 Mossberg pumps in the last 5 years and they both had issues. The first one was a brand new 590 that came from the factory put together wrong and the other one was a brand new 590a1 with major rust issues inside the barrel. Both problems had to be corrected by my local gunsmith. It was impossible to get through to Mossberg's customer service to have them deal with it. That's why I went Benelli and Remington. Their quality control seems to be better then Mossberg's. The fit and finish on my nova and 870 are way better then any Mossberg I've ever owned.

I'm going to get a 590A1, I'll make a list of thinmgs to examine before I accept it.

I would want a well sorted 590A1 over the 2 you have. Just my opinion.

My resons:

I'm sure the Benelli is a great gun, just not as much "stuff" out there as far as accessories. And not sure about the reliability of it RE the 590A1

I like the layout of the 500 series better than the 870 series.

So personally, if I were looking at a Universe of these THREE shotguns, and I was looking at these three.

I chose to get the 590A1.

I'll just have to be picky about the one I accept and sort out any issues.