M4 magazine takes 6 shells only !!!! Why ?

Adventurer m4

Many shells aren't actually the length they say they are. I'd compare them to another brand and see if that brand fits.

You can can also make sure your spring retainer is extended as far out as possible. Let the magazine cap press the spring retainer in as far as it needs to go. Avoid spring trimming like the plague. You'll never cut enough off to make that shell fit.

You using federal flite control shells? They tend to run long....as do some of the European shells like Rio and Nobelsport. I love the federals, so what I did was clip about 2 coils off my spring and then i stuff a Fiocci buck shell in first followed by 6 of the flite controls. The Fiocci are about the shortest 9 pellet buck rounds I've found. Also do you have an aftermarket follower in? Some of the aftermarket followers I've seen are much longer than others. I am using one from Dave's metal works. As for clipping the spring....I haven't had any problems, but I do keep a nice virgin wolf spring around just in case.....they are only like 12 bucks, and as far as I'm concerned.....the tube spring is a perishable part that should be replaced every few years anyways just like 1911 mag springs.

Edited by tinman1975

You using federal flite control shells? They tend to run long....as do some of the European shells like Rio and Nobelsport. I love the federals, so what I did was clip about 2 coils off my spring and then i stuff a Fiocci buck shell in first followed by 6 of the flite controls. The Fiocci are about the shortest 9 pellet buck rounds I've found. Also do you have an aftermarket follower in? Some of the aftermarket followers I've seen are much longer than others. I am using one from Dave's metal works. As for clipping the spring....I haven't had any problems, but I do keep a nice virgin wolf spring around just in case.....they are only like 12 bucks, and as far as I'm concerned.....the tube spring is a perishable part that should be replaced every few years anyways just like 1911 mag springs.

I have tried all kinds of 2 3/4 shells some like federal tactical slugs just needs 1 mm to take 7 shells , I saw a retainer on top of the spring shall I remove it ? And if I remove it will it give more space in tube plus will the spring pop out if I remove the retainer ?