• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Benelli Forums
Sign in to follow this  
wildwings

Franchi O/U

9 Oct. 17

If you are buying the gun for targets and intend to put thousands of rounds through it a year, I would suggest the steel receiver. The extra weight isn't an issue for clay pigeon games.

If you are buying the gun for hunting where you carry a lot and shoot a little, go with the Aluminum receiver. It is unlikely you could put enough ammunition through it to hurt it in several life times.

I have a Renaissance 12ga. I've had it for at least 10 years and its been just fine. Its too light to be a comfortable target gun but for the couple shots require for a limit of pheasants, its great. At 70 one begins to appreciate a 6 pound gun when trying to keep up with a young dog.

Bill

I've never fired one but I've handled a couple in sporting goods stores. They seem well built and I suspect they may actually be an improvement on the Renaissance that I have. If I were looking for a light weight field gun, it would be on my short list. Franchi brought it out in 16ga and that will certainly appeal to a segment of the shooting world. If I hadn't bought two Brownings in that gauge last year, I'd probably be chasing one of the 16s right now. (16ga won't do anything a 12 or 20 will do but they are DIFFERENT)

Bill