Fixed Position M4 Telescoping Stock

Rasyad

Here is one way to convert a telescoping stock to a fix position stock.

1, Punch out the longitudinal spring pin that retains the stock release button, save the pin and spring and button.

2, Drill all the way through with a 1/8 in drill. I used a lathe to make sure I held center.

3, Install a 6/32 thread insert. It has been a while but as I recall I had to also drill and tap for the 6/32 insert.

4, Trim the 6/32 set screw length to 0.56in.

4, Reassemble without spring or retaining spring pin, select desired position and extend set screw to lock in place.

I also turned town the button to be flush with the side of the stock but this was an optional detail along with the custom delrin cheeck rest. If I keep this stock the button will get cerakote to match the rest of the parts. I am just started work on a custom stock design using the ATI Raven grip and buffer tube. If the new stock works out this OEM stock will become available.

Rasyad

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Nice work Rasyad,

I just did almost the same thing, drilled and taped a hole a 6-32 hole in the stock release button (This is one hard piece of steel).

Reassembled the stock release button and spring positioned the stock to the length I wanted

I cut an old drill bit approx 1/2" in length and dropped it in the hole.

Installed a 6-32 x 3/8" set screw and tightened it down.

IMG_6711.jpg

IMG_6712.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

...."allowed"..... ...being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed..... Oh.. the constitution doesn't apply there... .. or just that one..? Or only when they are watching.. or maybe to help you sleep at night...... just the "states of Merica" anymore I guess.. pride.. what pride...? Let me destroy my already neutered weapon for you... /sarcasm See enough people acting like the OP is reason these laws are signed in, passed, and never repealed. ... SMH Free or the brave..