A&S trigger guard problems

Jolly Roger

15 minutes ago, Evolution said:

Well said. One major standout I like about them is that it's machined from a piece of billet aluminum and every single edge on the piece is broken- a very nice touch. Then there's the superior finish and blah, blah, blah...?

fan boy.?

54 minutes ago, StrangerDanger said:

The OEM aluminum frames remind me of old Colt AR15 receivers. They’re rough, loads of flashing that was never filed off. Pitting everywhere from impurities in the aluminum. 

I have ave never seen any issues with a polymer trigger frame. They’re a little lighter than the aluminum model too. I personally carry polymer framed guns on duty and for concealed carry. They’re striker fired evil too! Fewer problems with them in my experience than hammer guns. Fewer wait a minutes. 

Having said that, the A&S frames are the best. I don’t use the ramp either. I just want a smooth functioning trigger platform that can be plated. 

Do you have the A&S NP3+ plated?

2 hours ago, StrangerDanger said:

The OEM aluminum frames remind me of old Colt AR15 receivers. They’re rough, loads of flashing that was never filed off. Pitting everywhere from impurities in the aluminum. 

I have ave never seen any issues with a polymer trigger frame. They’re a little lighter than the aluminum model too. I personally carry polymer framed guns on duty and for concealed carry. They’re striker fired evil too! Fewer problems with them in my experience than hammer guns. Fewer wait a minutes. 

Having said that, the A&S frames are the best. I don’t use the ramp either. I just want a smooth functioning trigger platform that can be plated. 

Completely agree with that... I've only seen 5 OEM trigger guards and they all had flaws.  Haven't seen any in A&S ones... but then again I've only handled three.  Two for M4s and one for an M3

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
On 11/10/2017 at 7:43 PM, Rasyad said:

I have a Briley trigger set and the hammer fit was way too tight in the hammer channel of the triggerguard. The parts assembled but did not function. As a quick fix I used lapping compound and worked the two parts by hand until the fit was nice and smooth. I have some concern that the fit is still too tight for dirty combat conditions and I plan to widen the channel on the mill next time I have it apart. and before any re-coating for color.

Rasyad

Did you have Briley assemble your trigger group with the A&S trigger guard and they sent it back to you nonfunctional? or did you assemble it yourself?

This was a long time ago and happened with the first generation A&S trigger guard. I did the assembly. I later put the Trigger Guard on my Bridgeport mill to add something like 0.020" clearance to the channel for perfect function. I later sold that gen 1 trigger guard cheap (with full disclosure) as I wanted a newer, second generation A&S trigger guard that was factory coated internally with the deeper black color. The second generation trigger guard was dimensionally perfect. 

Nowadays one can buy the A&S trigger guard and Briley trigger as a package from Briley. 

Be Well, 

Rasyad