Who makes the best tube and spring?

Jolly Roger

Maybe I can get Marcy to send me a botched one for destruction testing. As protected and supported as the magazine tube is, I think you’d have a hard time doing any structural damage. Paint or finish scuffing? Sure.

Remember...it's feeding into 7075. Which will fail first? It's not like the receiver is drop-forged steel...

Remember...it's feeding into 7075. Which will fail first? It's not like the receiver is drop-forged steel...

.....and if it was, there would be people clamoring over each other to buy an aftermarket aluminum alloy receiver because the OEM is too heavy, WAH! Oh wait...there's that little matter of the serial# LOL!

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question - not a hijack I hope - I have the factory +2 extension and the original 5 round spring. Seems to work fine. Moving to the 7 rnd magazine. Any reason to think the same spring will not continue to be okay? Thanks for any help!

Usually the rule of thumb (if I have read correctly) is to have about 12-14 inches of spring sticking out of the mag tube before you put it all back together.

I've tried what your attempting and it seemed to work just fine at first but then I started experiencing failure to feed.

The spring just didnt have enough tension to push the last shell onto the elevator far enough for proper operation.

Buy a Carriercomp 7 rnd spring and save yourself any headaches in the future. Its cheap and well worth it.

While your at it, polish the inside of the tube with a bit of steel wool wrapped around a cleaning swab. Hook the rod up to a drill and give it a good 10 minutes.

The result will make it smooth and quite. :)

Use some Rem dry lube and your good to go!

Edited by Jolly Roger

Usually the rule of thumb (if I have read correctly) is to have about 12-14 inches of spring sticking out of the mag tube before you put it all back together.

I've tried what your attempting and it seemed to work just fine at first but then I started experiencing failure to feed.

The spring just didnt have enough tension to push the last shell onto the elevator far enough for proper operation.

Buy a Carriercomp 7 rnd spring and save yourself any headaches in the future. Its cheap and well worth it.

While your at it, polish the inside of the tube with a bit of steel wool wrapped around a cleaning swab. Hook the rod up to a drill and give it a good 10 minutes.

The result will make it smooth and quite. :)

Use some Rem dry lube and your good to go!

CC Spring ordered. Appreciate the other tips as well! Will follow your advice.

• 2 years later...
On 12/10/2017 at 7:03 PM, heckler&kochp2000 said:

The original Benelli springs and magazines. https://www.benelliparts.net/store/c1/Featured_Products.html

I pre ordered these a month ago. charged my account then crickets. trying to cancel the order now. I called and it's some guys personal phone number no name associated. I googled the address and it's a apartment or condo residential. Should have researched it first but the website looks pretty damn legit. Thought I was buying from Benelli direct. NOPE!

3 hours ago, BigJoe365 said:

I pre ordered these a month ago. charged my account then crickets. trying to cancel the order now. I called and it's some guys personal phone number no name associated. I googled the address and it's a apartment or condo residential. Should have researched it first but the website looks pretty damn legit. Thought I was buying from Benelli direct. NOPE!

It's a legit website and many people have had successful transactions with him, but personally I see him as unreliable at best.