Extremely disappointed with my my brand new Benelli M4

cfrea

The link is #43.

The bolt carrier is #29.

The link is attached to the carrier with a pin.

Some of the “peening” below the cup is rather indicative of dimples caused by jamming the bolt carrier into position without guiding the link into the cup. These marks are rather common and usually owner created upon assembly.

But that doesn't account for the drag marks all the way up the arm..or are they drag marks at all? so hard to tell by pictures alone. But I see and understand what your saying M2.

The link is #43.

The bolt carrier is #29.

The link is attached to the carrier with a pin.

Some of the “peening” below the cup is rather indicative of dimples caused by jamming the bolt carrier into position without guiding the link into the cup. These marks are rather common and usually owner created upon assembly.

Edited by Jolly Roger

Any weapon should be well cleaned and lubricated when you first get it. Usually the factory puts more of a preservative type of oil on them for long term storage.

Maybe factories should all just use Cosmoline. Then everyone would HAVE to clean their weapons before firing them. They would also get to know every nook and cranny of their weapons thoroughly while in that cleaning process. Oh, wait... I'm sure there would be a number of people who still wouldn't clean it first. Never mind.

• Like 1

Maybe factories should all just use Cosmoline. Then everyone would HAVE to clean their weapons before firing them. They would also get to know every nook and cranny of their weapons thoroughly while in that cleaning process. Oh, wait... I'm sure there would be a number of people who still wouldn't clean it first. Never mind.

For me, the initial cleaning and inspection of a new platform is almost more fun than shooting it.

• Upvote 1

• 2 years later...