Water stains???

vinnylv

Can anyone let me know if they've found small water stains on the cheekpiece of the stock?

I have the SBE II in walnut, and shot the other day in very hot weather. I just gave it a normal wipedown when finished with the silicone cloth, and when I went to clean the gun two days later, the stock looked dull, and I could see small water stains when held up on an angle. I can only guess it's from perspiration---it was very hot--- and I'm wondering what to use to remove the stains.

I hope it's not into the finish, but am afraid to mess up the stock with the wrong cleaner.

Any experiences/results from cleaning??

Thanks.

VINNYLV: I have same SBEII with walnut.....but never experienced this problem. I've used it in the salt marshes and the dove field, exposed to salt water and salt sweat....but never had a problem. I do keep a coat of RejeX wax on my wood however....a wax made by CorrosionX. Still looks like it did the day I bought it in June 2004. Sorry couldn't help....I would suggest an automotive 'cleaner/wax'.