Testing the Water: Stripped 14" OEM SBS M4 Barrel FS

Unobtanium

I am contemplating buying a spare barrel for my M4 SBS, so I can take the gas-caps and pistons off of the barrel for spares (I have a significant stash of spare parts, but missing these). I would then offer the LNIB barrel (minus pistons and gas caps, but INCLUDING FRONT SIGHT) to this forum for sale. It could be used with your 18.5" pistons/gas caps, once you Form 1 your Benelli M4, and would be the cheapest way of obtaining an SBS'ed M4.

What does the hive think such a creature would be worth/what is someone willing to pay?

Seems like a silly idea. Wasteful.

Then I'm left with a long barrel that don't work.

I'd rather have the spare bird barrel.

What spares you need.. why?

If you think it's a design weakness, get us some Ti pistons made.

This is the absolute cheapest way anyone will SBS their M4. It's an idea that will sell just fine. The pistons are what break, after many tens of thousands of rounds. The gas caps, eh, spares are spares.

If you want to use your long barrel again, nothing more is required than field-stripping to transfer the pistons/caps back.

Edited by Unobtanium