FS: Geissele Automatics Benelli M4 Hammer

Toaster

1 hour ago, Unobtanium said:

Wow...just wow...if only I had kept mine instead of selling it to Toaster, rofl! Hey, supply/demand.

BTW, I've got a Carriercomp charging handle* I'm not emotionally involved with if someone has $500 burning a hole in their pocket.

*Frankly I wish Kip would see fit to make some more of these, better than anything currently available.

Great for slug sighting in jobs!

That RMR is a type 2 RM06 which is a 3.5moa dot. They have a better one now the RM09 which has a 1moa dot size. It's come a long way since 2004, and has around 18,000 rounds thru it. It's a mix of nickel boron and NP3+ parts with a burnt bronze Cerakote exterior.

17 hours ago, Sukhoi_fan said:

Here ya go. The thing about Kip's charging handle is that the detents on the shank match OEM.

DSCN2039.jpg

DSCN2042.jpg

The CC looks awesome but a little too rich for my blood.

I noticed Benelli makes an OEM knurled charging handle that looks interesting.

Anyone have experience with it?

Edited by Milspec

23 minutes ago, Milspec said:

The CC looks awesome but a little too rich for my blood.

I noticed Benelli makes an OEM knurled charging handle that looks interesting.

Anyone have experience with it?

I half-jokingly posted that I would part with my CC charging handle. Sure, I would sell it for $500 but I doubt anyone is willing to pay that for a charging handle (got the idea from Unobtanium's post).

I took a look at what Benelli offers in the way of charging handles for the M4 on the Benelli website. Three are listed, and it appears only the OEM style has the detents on the end of the shank, the other two are milled 360 degrees so therefore those will spin in place. I don't have a FFT charging handle to compare, but based on the photos of the FFT charging handle on their website it appears FFT has the same profile of the OEM detents on the shank of their charging handle. Perhaps someone who has a FFT charging handle can verify this.

Edited by Sukhoi_fan

I had issues with the FFT titanium charging handles and the old Design Concepts titanium charging handles. The tip of the charging handle would deform from being inserted over and over into the bolt carrier. Over time it would get loose and fall out too easily. The titanium was too soft to work against the steel detent inside the carrier. This is why the carriercomp model was so nice, the tips were tool steel. 

If I was going to get another FTT handle, I’d get the steel model. 

I think I'm an odd guy out for charging handle preference.  I actually use the nordic comp benelli handle.  I had an issue with the heavily knurled ones catching on my glove /skin and rotating enough to have one of the triangular edges push against the catch and start come loose.  I never had it come out but there's a hesitation to make sure it catches again.

49 minutes ago, StrangerDanger said:

That’s one of the reasons I like the TTI stainless handle. 

I wish the left left hand side charging handle mod was possible on the M4. 

Isn't the TTI one a "spinner"?  ?

I heard that people have had them snap off in competitions.  Not sure if that's fact or fiction.  Perhaps a run with poor heat treat?

26 minutes ago, shootingsight said:

OK, so it looks like ShootingSight will be making these hammers.  S7 Rolled Plate Steel, NiB coating.  Give me a couple of months and I'll have them out.

Art

ShootingSight llc

www.shootingsight.com

Awesome Art! Thanks for doing this. 

31 minutes ago, shootingsight said:

Send an email to shootingsight@fioptics.com that you are interested in the Benelli hammer, and I'll reply when we have something done.

Art. For some reason it’s bouncing back my emails saying it’s an invalid email address.