FS: Geissele Automatics Benelli M4 Hammer

Toaster

NiB is much better for triggers than NP3.  Teflon will not stand up to the high pressures generated on sear edges.  NiB is upwards of 70Rc hardness.  That said, DLC is even lower friction, so I've been curious to experiment - maybe this is the project.

Not sure about charging handles, I know how to make good triggers, and it seems everyone and his brother is making charging handles because it does not take much skill.  What is your definition of 'badass' when it comes to charging handles?  Is there something that other options do not offer>

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, shootingsight said:

NiB is much better for triggers than NP3.  Teflon will not stand up to the high pressures generated on sear edges.  NiB is upwards of 70Rc hardness.  That said, DLC is even lower friction, so I've been curious to experiment - maybe this is the project.

Not sure about charging handles, I know how to make good triggers, and it seems everyone and his brother is making charging handles because it does not take much skill.  What is your definition of 'badass' when it comes to charging handles?  Is there something that other options do not offer>

Everybody and his brother makes bad charging handles.  One guy making a good charging handle could own ALL the others.  Needs to be a steel stem with Ti handle.  Simple yet nobody makes them like this "anymore"

• Like 1

Just looked at Taran Tactical's website.  They make a charging handle, and he's won National championships, so I'd probably be stepping out of my lane thinking I can do better.  Based on my engineering degree and being a HP competitor, I know I can make a better trigger than anyone else out there, but something where you need to be an active 3-gun shooter to know, and I'm not ... that takes a little more arrogance than I like to swing.  Who knows, maybe a winter project, though if I made a roller, it'd be Delrin or aluminum, not Titaniun.  Ti is sexy and all, but this is not a part that needs strength, and for a weight savings of fractions of an ounce, not worth it.

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...