C-STOCK Mid setting

Joe Marino

Hello everyone, I am new to this form. Is there anyone here that can give me some insight on the Benelli M4 collapsible stock and its mid-length setting as far as being able to easily acquire the ghost ring sights, or not. I have not found much about this but what I have seen was there are postings elsewhere that suggests that the collapsible stock was meant only to be operated at full length for the ghost ring sights and when you do put it on the mid-length setting it raises the sight picture above the GR therefore, only making it good for an optic.

Edited by Joe Marino

For me, I use the fully extended setting when I did not have an optic installed.

Once I put a optic on, I use the middle setting. Sights are not useable in the middle setting for me.

Is this with a t2 ot rmr? What mounting system? Where is the reticle in the window when you mount the gun naturally? How tall are you?

I'm 6'4" and I find it more comfortable to run all the way out, but I can also shoot it in the middle setting and still use the ghost ring sights. I've used an RMR on it in the past and always ran it on the middle setting. If you don't already have the C-Stock, go ahead and get one. If you have the standard PG stock its really no different, when the stock is fully extended. The gun was meant to have the C-stock on it anyways. Looks better IMO.

My issue is my LOP is maxed out on the standard pistol grip stock. There is no one in my area that carries an M4 with a collapsible stock so I am at the mercy of public opinion. Based on what I hear from this forum, if it comes down to a collapsible stock not fitting my needs then I will just buy what's available knowing that I'm going to change several items on the firearm anyway.

My issue is my LOP is maxed out on the standard pistol grip stock. There is no one in my area that carries an M4 with a collapsible stock so I am at the mercy of public opinion. Based on what I hear from this forum, if it comes down to a collapsible stock not fitting my needs then I will just buy what's available knowing that I'm going to change several items on the firearm anyway.

How tall are you? The lop is 14.25". Its insanely long as is.

I’ve ran both with the Scalarworks mounts, used the same stock position.

Reticle is about 1/16” below center.

6’

Nice, so mid is absolutely usable with the SW/T2? I found GR to be painful to use, but possible (the button recoiled into my jaw as I was pressed down hard to see).

That sounds like it would be a problem for me. I am 5"9 and the standard LOP points nice but I am maxed out. Also, I dont feel I have absolute control. Back up plan called Mesa is in place.

Joe, You have the same problem as me. I am 5'5" and the standard LOP is just to long for me.

I put a collapsible stock on mine. I have not had the chance to shoot yet. But even at full extension just handling

the shotgun seams easier.

Joe, You have the same problem as me. I am 5'5" and the standard LOP is just to long for me.

I put a collapsible stock on mine. I have not had the chance to shoot yet. But even at full extension just handling

the shotgun seams easier.

How well can you acquire the sites in its mid-length setting? I appreciate the feedback; after reading the responses on the Forum I think people are indirectly telling me to put an optic on my Benelli. LOL.

How well can you acquire the sites in its mid-length setting? I appreciate the feedback; after reading the responses on the Forum I think people are indirectly telling me to put an optic on my Benelli. LOL.

With the stock at the mid-length setting I lower my head a little to where my check bone rests on the stock. Not a big problem for me considering my heighth, but as i said earlier I have not had a chance to go out and shoot yet.:(

To be fair I must concied to the point that optics would be a viable option also. My M4 is for Home defense and recreational use so I'm not sure if optics are right for me, but I'm open to the possibility.

With the stock at the mid-length setting I lower my head a little to where my check bone rests on the stock. Not a big problem for me considering my heighth, but as i said earlier I have not had a chance to go out and shoot yet.:(

To be fair I must concied to the point that optics would be a viable option also. My M4 is for Home defense and recreational use so I'm not sure if optics are right for me, but I'm open to the possibility.

If ghost rings were better for cqb, the military and SWAT and everyone else would use them instead of a dot. There are other studies that are more complex than my bandwagon argument if you dig, as well.

As to your stock and cheekbone...I've played that game. It hurts after a few tubes full.

If ghost rings were better for cqb, the military and SWAT and everyone else would use them instead of a dot. There are other studies that are more complex than my bandwagon argument if you dig, as well.

As to your stock and cheekbone...I've played that game. It hurts after a few tubes full.

Unobtanium,

Thanks for the info. What would your recomendations be? I dont want to be a cheap skate, But I don't want to take out a second mortgage on the house either.

I did look at the Scalar Works rail and the RMR combo but thought it might be too low with c-stock at mid position.

What about the RMR mounted to the factory rail?

Unobtanium,

Thanks for the info. What would your recomendations be? I dont want to be a cheap skate, But I don't want to take out a second mortgage on the house either.

I did look at the Scalar Works rail and the RMR combo but thought it might be too low with c-stock at mid position.

What about the RMR mounted to the factory rail?

Rmr on factory would work.

Honestly, I'd go scalarworks and holosun t1 clone.

If you dont like it, both can be flipped for low loss especially if the holosun is bought used. If you do like it, flip the holosun later and replace with aimpoint.

Rmr on factory would work.

Honestly, I'd go scalarworks and holosun t1 clone.

If you dont like it, both can be flipped for low loss especially if the holosun is bought used. If you do like it, flip the holosun later and replace with aimpoint.

Thanks for all the help and info. I think you have given Joe And I alot to look at and some great options to consider.:)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm coming in a little late on this one. I've attached some pics of my Benelli M4.This set up is customized 100% to my body profile. I use a Aimpoint red dot on a raised mount. I also custom raised my cheek weld on the collapsible stock. Using the mid point setting with my cheek resting naturally on the cheek riser, the red dot is perfectly centered 100% of the time. I have also installed a laser specifically designed for a shotgun so as the shotgun can be accurately fired from any position in a home defense setting. Once I raised the cheek weld on the collapsible stock it has deemed the ghost sites useless. I felt that for home defense the Aimpoint and laser would be, for me, a more effective means in acquiring a target in a day or night time setting.

M4a.JPG

m4d1.JPG

m4c.JPG

CaptureM4.JPG

m4d2.JPG

I'm coming in a little late on this one. I've attached some pics of my Benelli M4.This set up is customized 100% to my body profile. I use a Aimpoint red dot on a raised mount. I also custom raised my cheek weld on the collapsible stock. Using the mid point setting with my cheek resting naturally on the cheek riser, the red dot is perfectly centered 100% of the time. I have also installed a laser specifically designed for a shotgun so as the shotgun can be accurately fired from any position in a home defense setting. Once I raised the cheek weld on the collapsible stock it has deemed the ghost sites useless. I felt that for home defense the Aimpoint and laser would be, for me, a more effective means in acquiring a target in a day or night time setting.

Bodybuilder,

How did you raise your check rest on your c-stock?

Once I had mine and looking at how it went together, it looked like it could be done. I just didn't have the intestinal fortitude to start disassembling something I had just bought.

Nice rack of firearms btw.

I purchased 1" long steel washers, longer screws, and electrical heat shrink tubing at Ace Hardware. The 3 screws in the top of the riser must be replaced with longer screws. I used the heat shrink tubing on the washers. Simply install the longer washers between the underside of the cheek riser and the top of the collapsible stock and screw down with newly purchased longer screws. Depending on what type of optic mount you go with will depend on the height of washers. This is a very sold platform. (Be advised that when you raise the cheek weld you will no longer be able to use the Ghost Ring Sites).

M4 cheek riser 1.JPG

M4 Cheek Riser 2.JPG

M4 Cheek Riser 3.jpg

M4 Cheek Riser 4.jpg

Edited by bodybuilder