X COIL RECOIL PAD VS OEM Benelli 14 3/4 Recoil Pad

MToo

As I've said, I'm having 2 Benelli M2's 21" field shotguns in about 4 days. I have 69yr old shoulders, and don't have arthritis yet, and try to go the extra mile in getting the best pads on all my shotguns. The hottest ammo that I'll be testing these guns with is w/Federal rifled slugs @ 1600 fps.I've toyed with the thought of Magnaporting the barrels, or getting ported chokes on the Benellis, but I've perused the discussions about their causing enough noise to the point of being prohibitive, and being hard to clean, and not reducing recoil to any appreciative difference, and I want consider other ways to go.Checking out the thicker Benelli Comfortech pad (14 3/4 LOP), and that some folks swear by the X-coil pad, what are the feelings of the folks around here about the OEM thicker Benelli recoil pad and the X-coil for my Benelli's.I know these are inertia based guns, and that Benelli makes a recoil reducing mercury weight, are these a no-no with an inertia based gun?Thanks in advance.

Yes, I have a Mesa Tactical stock on one of my other shotguns. That's a viable option, but I was hoping for the possibility of a simpler/cheaper "snap on" solution via a thicker and more comfortable recoil pad if that's possible to address the recoil.From doing a lot of reading, seems like other folks have addressed this by a thicker Benelli OEM recoil pad, the limbsaver, and the X-coil.Either one of these works, or I may go the different stock route.Thanks

Edited by MToo

I went from a medium OEM pad to a thinner one for a shorter LOP. I didn't find that the thinner one was less comfortable than the thicker one so it stands to reason that going from a thinner one to a thicker one wouldn't really help that much. I've put limbsavers on some of my older M1's and other shotguns and the difference was quite noticeable. Unfortunately, as far as I've seen, they don't make them in the Benelli-style snap-in versions.

I am also getting up in age at 57. I find that the push / pull method of fireing my Benelli M4 has done wonders for my shoulder and the effects from recoil. I have a B&T quad rail so I was able to install a Magpul Fore Grip. I am now able to push on the pistal grip handle as I pull on the fore grip. This method of fireing weapon keeps any recoil off of my shoulder. I can easily fire 200 rounds rapid fire or not and have no effects on my shoulder from recoil.

benelli fore grip.jpg

Edited by bodybuilder

Yes, I have a Mesa Tactical stock on one of my other shotguns. That's a viable option, but I was hoping for the possibility of a simpler/cheaper "snap on" solution via a thicker and more comfortable recoil pad if that's possible to address the recoil.From doing a lot of reading, seems like other folks have addressed this by a thicker Benelli OEM recoil pad, the limbsaver, and the X-coil.Either one of these works, or I may go the different stock route.Thanks

XCOIL is a pain. How are you equating them to a snap on solution?

I ended up buying the Limbsaver "Air Tech" pads after calling Limbsaver and confirming that they indeed do snap into the Benelli M2 Field stock.

I bought them because I could get them at $30.00 a piece and will judge between the OEM pad and these which is the best for me w/o risking a bunch of money.

You folks know more about this than I do, so when folks mention the various pads I'm coming to this forum to ask your advice about them.

I went to the "horses mouth" on the Limbsaver as far as it being a snap on pad for the Benelli M2, but I didn't know much of anything about it or the XCoil when I started looking into this which is why I was asking you folks.

PS: After doing quite a bit of reading, I also watched this after which I sprung for the Limbsavers.

Edited by MToo

Thank you Sir, will do.

Just got the pads, they say they fit the M2 on the back of the package. Both guns DROS out this Wednesday, right after that I'll be contacting Dave of DMW to set up the mag ext. and after that I'll test out the pads and report back.

The Limbsaver sku# for the Benelli pads is 10810.

Edited by MToo