comfortech stock

gunner76

does anyone know where or if a person could get a black comfortech stock and forearm for a M2 12ga? My fiancee has an M2 wood and wants to change to a comfortech. I've looked on all the websites that I could think of and haven't seen any comfortech stocks that were avaliable, only the regular synthetic. Also, what would one expect to pay for a black stock/forearm? I saw a camo M2 forearm on numerich's website and they wanted $108 for it, but they didn't have any stocks.

I've already been down that road with an M2 I bought and according to my dealer Benelli will not sell ComforTech stocks to anyone unless you can send them one you destroyed (which is unlikely)along with the serial number of the gun. At least for now. I believe the reason is if they sold the CT stocks people would simply upgrade their older Benelli's and not buy new guns. So I just bought a ComforTech SBE 2. Do I need a 3.5 incher? Probably not. But if I ever do I already own the ultimate field autoloader. I would simply add a Limbsaver or Xcoil pad to your M2 which would be cheaper and some feel the same or better than the ComforTech.

thanks for the reply Full Bore, I figured when I couldn't find any for sale that they weren't avaliable separtly yet. The main reason my fiancee wants the comfortech is because the soft comb on top of the stock is easier on your face when shooting alot of rounds of clays.

If your fiancee is having some face slap issues have you tried using the shims to adjust the stock?

Generally speaking if the stock is too low making one hold their head off the stock you will get slapped and if its too high making one crowd down too hard you'll also get slapped. Proper fit may be all you need. I deal with trap shooters and this problem all the time. Proper cheek weld is important when shooting alot of clays. Most likely the stock is too low as most field guns are set up with lower combs for hunting and target guns are always set higher. Hope this helps. Good Luck.

Full Bore, I never even thought of trying to adjust the stock. Right now she's trying to trade for a comfortech model, but next time we go to the range I'm going to have to watch her shoot to see what she's doing to cause the face slapping, because she just started having problems about a month ago,but every time we shoot together I get stuck running the traps and can't focus much attention on her shooting. My guess is that she might be lifting her head off the stock to watch the bird, she never really did much clay shooting until this year, so she has a few bad habits that need to be worked on. Right now I've been focusing what observation time I have on making sure she doesn't stop swinging the gun when she pulls the trigger; so I never payed any attention to how she mounts the gun.

M2 Field, Benelli has an overstock of Steadygrip stocks, so for a limited time they are giving one away with the purchase of an M2 or SBE2 comfortech.

[ 08-24-2006, 12:07 PM: Message edited by: gunner76 ]

Originally posted by gunner76:

does anyone know where or if a person could get a black comfortech stock and forearm for a M2 12ga? My fiancee has an M2 wood and wants to change to a comfortech. I've looked on all the websites that I could think of and haven't seen any comfortech stocks that were avaliable, only the regular synthetic. Also, what would one expect to pay for a black stock/forearm? I saw a camo M2 forearm on numerich's website and they wanted $108 for it, but they didn't have any stocks.

Rayzo, thanks for the info, but I didn't get on ebay before it was sold. Usually I check ebay about every day to see if there are any listed but I forgot to check this morning and I logged off this site before you posted the message and just now got back on at 10pm. Better luck next time.

ThanksRayzo, but someone already bought it, I was on ebay last night and didn't see it and I double checked it this morning after seeing your post, these things sure don't last long. There is a Supersport carbon fiber stock for sale until Sep 1 so I'll have to see if my fiancee is interested in that one, right now it's at $25.

[ 08-29-2006, 08:28 AM: Message edited by: gunner76 ]