Latch Carrier part help

J1valverde

Hello. I recently acquired a M1 and was wondering if I could order just the bolt release pin or if I would have to order the complete carrier latch?

For reference I’m talking about this piece: https://www.brownells.com/shotgun-parts/trigger-group-parts/carrier-parts/carrier-latches/carrier-latch-prod6253.aspx

just trying to see if I can get just the bolt.

It's unclear what part you're asking about. The part you linked to is the carrier latch. There's a pin that holds the carrier latch in the receiver that you can order. https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/740510G

If, by chance, you're talking about the "button" that protrudes through the receiver that you press on, no, you can't order that separately. That piece is press-fit into the latch body. If you're talking about something else, you need to clarify.

The bolt release “button” is an add on part. You will need to drill and tap the stud on your factory part to accept the screw for the button (buttons available from Nordic, Briley, Taran Tactical, Arrendondo, etc). The tapped size will vary based on the brand (generally 4-40, 5-50, or 6-32.

A hint...DO NOT drill all the way through the factory part. The stud can break loose easily. A blind tapped hole about .250” is best

imgbig_8C7B6B5A-1BAE-43E3-A35F-C3EB79A3595C.jpg

Edited by Steve Rose