SBE II recoil

gowest

Mercury recoil reducer and Sims pad will help. Only thing that will actually reduce recoil is added weight to the gun. That's the truth.

If you want to shoot a 3.5" shell with 1.5 ounces plus of shot, you are going to have some serious recoil...especially in a gun built as light as the SBE I/II.

Try some 3.5" shells with lower dram and or shot weight. Maybe even go with 3". You need to find a load you're comfortable shooting, otherwise you'll never be accurate with the gun.

[ 01-16-2006, 10:20 AM: Message edited by: heavy4x4 ]

gowest, I added an 8 oz. C & H mercury recoil reducer fore end cap to front and 8 oz. weight in the stock cavity. It helped. The gun weights 7.3 lbs. out of the box, but you can't add more than 1 lb. (16 oz.) to the gun or it won't cycle. I've tried many combinations and it won't function with more. Hope this helps you out.--GB

I have had it with my SBE II! I have put over 100 heavy rounds thru it and still have a jam or failure to completely cycle about every 4th or 5th shot. I love the way it feels, swings and points ... But when I start leaving stooling mallards over the decoys because I can't get off that next shot ... It's time to go back to the Gold Hunter. Good product, but needs work!

Don't get me wrong, I believe the SBE II comes up and aims as well as the B-80 I've shot for 20 years. Maybe it's because I've shot a gas gun for so long, but I thought the 3.5" Supremes had a good deal of kick. I am just wondering if anyone has found a way to reduce it some.

Remy, thanks for the web site. Which reducer do you use?

Originally posted by gowest:

Thanks for the reply's. Golden Bear, does the C&H Mercury Recoil Reducer fit in the magazine tube under the end cap? How much is it and where do I find it. Thanks again!

They make both styles, but the one that replaces the limiter plug is too long for the Benellis. It's designed for mags. which hold 4 rounds and it's 4.5" long. The Benellis hold 3 rounds, and the plug should be 4" in length.

The magazine cap model works well and looks good on the gun.

The Sims pad really does a lot in my opinion. There is another redcoil pad out, which I don't remember the name of, that is supposed to be as good or better. I believe tucker301, mudhen or one of the other regulars here has posted about it. An X...somthing I think. Try one of those, I think you will feel a difference. Quite a bit cheaper than a merc reducer too.

Yes, another alternative is the X-coil pad. Mudhen suggested getting one because he had heard they might be the best. I am going to order one from Cabelas, as they carry the prefit model that you can put right on to a SBE. I am not sure if that model fits the SBE II. I think the price is $29.95.