Newbie Benelli m4 trigger guard questions.

h3baton

Hello.

I have some questions regarding Benelli m4 trigger guard and any help would be truly appreciated. I already bought OEM aluminum m4 trigger guard but I did not buy the M4 yet. I will buy m4 model 11707.

1) Please take a look at the attached photo. It seems like between Aluminum vs Polymer M4 trigger guard, rear of the trigger guards seem to be machined totally differently. Aluminum trigger guard protrudes more towards stock. If I buy a current Benelli m4 (11707) with polymer trigger guard, would OEM aluminum trigger guard just drop into the receiver of Benelli m4 that previously housed polymer trigger guard?

2) Is aluminum receiver of the M4 before 2015 (which had aluminum trigger guard) same as current (2018) aluminum receiver of M4 dimensionally?

2) If I buy a current Benelli m4 with polymer trigger guard, would all the parts (trigger, hammer, pins, etc) would just drop in an OEM aluminum trigger guard? According to this forum, Aluminum trigger guard uses black oxide flat end pins and the polymer trigger guard uses stainless round end pins. Are they interchangeable? Going from factory polymer trigger guard to OEM aluminum trigger guard, do I have to buy any new parts or is every part interchangeable?

Thank you.

benelli.jpg