Stoeger Model 2000

It Flies It Dies

Was looking at the Benneli superblack eagle II, and happened to come acrossed the Stoeger model 2000. It seems to be a better price and has inertia system as well. Anyone know if these guns are as jam free as the Benneli's, and if Stoeger will make the model 2000 to handle the 3 1/2 inch shells anytime soon.Very interested in buying the stoeger but will hold off if they are coming out with a 3 1/2 inch model. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

You could put your eye out with the Red Ryder...

Actually, the M2000 has the fewest problems of any Benelli USA firearm according to our regional B-USA rep.

Don't know what to think of that tidbit...don't really care...don't like the gun much...prefer to shoot something I like better...could drive a Hyundai...prefer not to...

mudhen - CA

If you do get one, Take it home and clean it really well, install an aftermarket recoil pad on it, stretch the mainspring so it closes all the way, file down the flat washer under the barrel so the firing pin actually reaches primer. Don't bother trying to contact customer service, after about 1hr on hold and 2 e-mails with no response DURING THE OFF SEASON!! On a postive note it patterns better than any of the other shotguns I own, Brownings, Remingtons, Winchesters. I ran right at 12 boxes of shells through it and I finally trust it enough to take it out of town on dove or duck hunt without a back up gun. I figured with the cust service I got I was going to break it or make it work under their LIBERAL 1 year warranty. Don't trust their 3 or 4 box break in period. I know there are alot of happy 2000 owners out there. I just thought I would share with you. If it breaks after the first year that was a lession learned, don't be cheap! At any rate nothing else it ought to make a great tomatoe stake. ;)

i have one as well 147 and agree good guns and a good price..

matchet, i have a nova and its tube is stuck but i have taken precaution on my stoeger and have zero problems with the chokes or the functioning of my m2000... zero misfires and very very few jams

chokes like to stick in the nova and the m2000 (those for sure)

makes sure u take the choke out often and clean the inside if barrel (choke area) and the choke itself or elsze u run te chance of having a fixed barrel. i know of 4 guys around the area that shoot nova's that have stuck chokes..

All a guy has to do is clean the choke and choke area of the barrel and u shouldnt have any problems..

And make sure when removing/installing ur choke dont use your choke wrench unless u have to ,, u run the chance of screwing up the threads..the threads of these guns being at the tip of the barrel instead of inside it, means ur choke wrench somes in contact with the threads.. it is reallly easy to screw up the threads with the wrench..

just clean the choke area of the barrel and the ckopke itself, and use caution when using the choke wrench and u will be fine, i made somemistakes with my nova but not with my 2000..

well get this, after all this talk i decide to go check out my nova, which never had a prob before with the chokes, well i don't know if it got jinxed or not but the choke is stuck, i didn't want to put to much pressure on it, should i try or just leave it, i mostly only use the mod one.Should i just leave it or try to get it out?