Supernova jamming

throdgrain

Hi all,

I've tried this question elsewhere but to no avail. Hopefully the official Benelli forum will have an answer!

I've recently bought my second Supernova. The first was flawless, never went wrong, and for a while I've cursed myself for selling it.

So here I am with my second one, and it might have a problem. I shoot clays with it, and try pretty hard to beat my friends with their over/ unders

icon_smile.gif

However I'm trying to reload as fast as possible, on the skeet range for example, (shot 23/25 this morning on a really windy day, not tooo bad

icon_smile.gif

) and sometimes I can eject the spent cartridge without loading a new one. So , I fire, rack the gun, swing onto the next target, pull the trigger "click" nothing there. Quite annoying.

Then today I had a situation, twice, where it had tried to load a new cartridge after firing the first shot then locked up solid. The shell lifter was up, and the slide locked solid. Taking the barrel off didn't solve it, it felt like perhaps the action bars had come out of location with the bolt assembly. (This might be wrong of course). I punched out the two bushes and moved the trigger assembly slightly and all was well.

Hope this makes sense … does anyone have any ideas? Many thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

I've used lots of different shells, but for clays I use Hull Superfast 27 gram with 7.5 shot (UK sizes) and Fiocchi TT One 38 gram with #9 shot for skeet. Both are 70mm long.

I have used others though, up to 3.5" monsters, but as the issue will only show up once or twice every 100 shots it's hard to make much of it.

• 11 months later...

Hello, I am having an issue with cycling a round and the round jamming. I have tried several brands and the issue still happens. I have a supernova and getting very frustrated with the issue. I have roughly a 1000 rounds through it. Any suggestions would be appreciated. By the way, I am a rookie to the shotgun world. Be gentle. 

• 2 weeks later...