Enhanced Bolt Release options for M1014

Chile1

2 hours ago, Chile1 said:

Do they all require you to drill and tap the original button?

The GGG pad comes with a modified latch so you don't have to do your own drilling/tapping.  There's also TAC2 that's a bit cheaper. http://www.tac2.com/index.php?template=bbr

I prefer the round shape of the Nordic but I have both the GGG and TAC2 and they work just fine.  

9 hours ago, Chile1 said:

has anyone used these - they appear to be OEM:

Benelli PS Cordoba Extended Bolt Release 61371

Those are made by Briley for Benelli and are used on the Cordoba Performance Shop. They will work on the M4 but require machining a couple of flats into the round button and drilling and tapping the 5-40 set screw. They will probably cover the flag as they are a little on the big side. 

Personally I've tried them all and found that any that require a drilled and tapped button severally weakens it. The button isnt welded on either, its press fitted, so any lever that you add to it greatly increases the chances of it coming off or twisting. Ive broken a few off by catching them on backpack straps and clothing. Ive tried modifying them as well, but they are still prone to easy damage and this is a part that is pretty important to the guns operation. Better just to leave the original button alone. It works.

Here is a modified G&G I put on a M3...

P1110826.thumb.JPG.f6e1049d3952401eb8d93317f514b4ee.JPG

P1110852.JPG

Here are some photos I took off the web, they show how the little pin is assembled (press fit and flanged) Notice the tiny lip the button holds on to the bar with (left arrow) 

No welds, (right arrow)  you dont want to put any type of twisting or lever forces on this area!  

weak.thumb.jpg.31f5c06609e71e4c9f810fc43a92fa42.jpg

Edited by Jolly Roger

14 hours ago, Jolly Roger said:

Here are some photos I took off the web, they show how the little pin is assembled (press fit and flanged) Notice the tiny lip the button holds on to the bar with (left arrow) 

No welds, (right arrow)  you dont want to put any type of twisting or lever forces on this area!  

weak.thumb.jpg.31f5c06609e71e4c9f810fc43a92fa42.jpg

Good to know..