Benelli M4 Collapsible Stock

alexb

Originally posted by snapshot:

Does this stock fit the M1014 and what is the cost?

You have the collapsible stock on your M1014 right now. It's just that the recoil spring tube on your M1014 is not milled to allow the stock to collapse/slide forward when you push the button. Your recoil spring tube is milled such that it only allows the stock to slide off the back. If you take your stock off and slip it onto the recoil spring tube of an M4 (11707), it will collapse.

[ 02-24-2006, 01:44 PM: Message edited by: usctf ]

As a previous owner of an M1014, I will relate to you what I encountered...

Regrettably, you cannot remove the M1014 recoil tube and replace it with an M4 tube. The M4 tube cannot be purchased as a spare part (to prevent us from converting the M1014 to a collapsible stock weapon).

The M1014 recoil tube is "permanently" welded to the receiver with a powdered European version of a "Locktite" compound. Removal of the "welded" tube requires a heat and torque application that will damage the attached aluminum receiver.

There is a gunsmith in Florida that will mill your M1014 tube without its removal. However, the dark finish that is on the tube will be ground off. The tube is stainless steel, and Benelli uses a proprietary chemical process that reacts with stainless to give it the dark mil-spec finish. It is NOT Parkerizing, as you might think. Parkerizing does not react with stainless. And the "polyresin" baked finishes wear off at the places of sliding contact.

Some NFA rules were not lifted for imported weapons, and the BATF is very sensitive to THIS gun in particular. Benelli took note, and went to great lengths to defeat our attempts to convert the civilian M1014.

My desire to own a legal and functioning collapsible stock became an obsession. So, I abandoned my conversion efforts and purchased a true M4.

[ 02-25-2006, 10:45 PM: Message edited by: jetflyer ]

Sorry to sound negative. I went too far down the "conversion" road untill it became my obsession, instead of enjoying the gun itself. Benelli and the ATF restricted the civilian M1014 too much for me. I should have done more homework before I purchased the M1014 Limited Edition model.

The M1014 can also be a very positive experience. And fans there are many. I mearly stated the obstacles for the conversion. Perhaps the knowlegde that I am passing along will spare another buyer like me, the disappointment.

To end on a positive note...I am elated with my purchase of the M4/Law Enforcement model!!!! It is the gun, with all the full features that I wanted all along. Due to the difficulty of acquiring an M4 with all the "evils" included, I consider it my crown jewel.

[ 02-27-2006, 08:14 AM: Message edited by: jetflyer ]

• 1 year later...

Actually I talked to them today and those 11707's

are not LEO-only.

And I must also say this

that this FFL seems to be

very honest and decent.

I am rather impressed with my experience

in talking to them.

I certainly can't say that about several other

FFL's I have dealt with namely one from

HKPro.com

Yuck!.

Kelton

Actually I talked to them today and those 11707's

are not LEO-only.

And I must also say this

that this FFL seems to be

very honest and decent.

I am rather impressed with my experience

in talking to them.

I certainly can't say that about several other

FFL's I have dealt with namely one from

HKPro.com

Yuck!.

Kelton

So did you pull the trigger and order one?

Saving up money unfortunately.

Last time I bought an M1 from an FFL

on HKPro.com and it was supposed to be NIB

and obviously wasn't.

Then in 1996 I bought a Colt AR-15 9mm for $1999.

These stupid bans and sudden DOJ legal interpretation

bans are taking their toll on me.

At least I didn't spend the money on a woman lol.

But again I do admit that these guys at that website

do seem to be pretty honest.

It is going to take awhile.

I was going to have $690 this month

but now that is going to be a little less.