Someone stole my M4 trigger assembly

swOHmatt

Hello,  My name is Matt and I live in Southwest Ohio.  I do not usually join forums, I typically lurk and I like to keep a low profile.  But something happened that has compelled me to join your group.  I am hoping that someone may be able to help me in the future.  I would be very grateful.

I sent a Benelli M4 trigger assembly via UPS to Briley.  I wanted them to install their 922(r) trigger parts.  The last UPS tracking shows it on the truck in Houston, TX for delivery Friday, January 18.  That is the last UPS knows of the package.  I spoke to Briley yesterday, they have not received the package.  This should be easy to spot if you happen to come across it.  It was built on an A and S Shotguns billet housing with a TTI extended carrier and a Dave's Metal Works safety.  As I am a southpaw, the safety was installed for a left handed shooter.  It appears the value is around $630, provided I can even find a Benelli trigger assembly.  Google searches do not show anyone with one in stock.  I have contacted Benelli USA to see if they have any available.  So at the moment, I have a really nice and expensive club.

Thanks for your time.  As I said above, I would be grateful for any help if you should see it.

Matt

Don't panic yet. I had a package shipped to me in NJ , it was coming from Florida. UPS tracking showed it in Paramus which is a major NJ hub. Tracking stopped there. A week later still no new info , so I called UPS to start an investigation. (Do that TODAY). 2 days later they "found" my package in SEATTLE, WASHINGTON.  Cheapos didn't even upgrade it to Air shipping, I received it a week later..... Call UPS

Edited by Xchief30
Error

Hi Guys,  I spoke to UPS again today and learned much more than the kiss off I received Monday.  Although tracking said it was on the truck for delivery, it actually never left the building.  UPS says sometimes a package gets set aside and then forgotten.  They intend to do a “deep search” which could take up to 8 days.  I am not at my wits end based on this info, but I also realize this could end poorly.  I can provide them a picture of the package, it was a recycled McMasters box of which I am flush.  If it walked out the door and they have video survellance, it might still be found.  The package has the base UPS insurance and my company insurance would cover the rest with my rider.  The monetary loss is covered, but no one has a replacement.  Benelli USA does not sell parts.  They do perform repairs.  I wonder if a missing trigger housing would be a “repair”?  I’ll let you know what happens, I am still hopeful.

Matt

As already said, don't give up the ghost just yet, it may turn up. That said, could I offer some advice for the future? First, I trust USPS priority mail 2-day for smallish to medium sized packages more than UPS, I just do.

Second, removing and installing the trigger group parts is a relatively easy job to do with a little patience and just a couple of inexpensive specialty tools. There is a very fine, detailed tutorial, on how to do it complete with step-by-step pictures right here on this board courtesy of member "StrangerDanger".

From my experience, I don't let mechanics touch my Ducati motorcycle and I don't let "gunsmiths" touch my weapons...especially if it would involve shipping them. Shop manuals and tools are my friends.

I hope this turns out well for you.

Thank you all for the info/links and support.  I have hope it will turn out okay.  Benelli did send me a list of suggested suppliers, Numrich Arms/Gun Parts does show the assembly in stock.

With the Ducs, I did leave that to the mechanics.  I didn’t have the inclination or tools to set valve clearances on a desmoquattro or testastretta.  Fortunately, the mechanic was also FAA licensed and was extremely anal in his approach.

Matt