A 7 Round tube does NOT always fit 7 rounds in the M4

nealc104

Occam's razor...

I called Benelli USA at 301-283-6981 and chose the options to speak with technical support for all other questions. When the very helpful and knowledgeable Benelli support person answered, I explained that I have a fresh-from-the-box, new 11715 M4 with a factory seven round magazine. The answer isn't a mystery. Benelli had to spec to something for the 7+1 designation, so they chose to fit seven shorter TARGET shells (they did this not me). Most 2 3/4" marked tactical defensive shells are longer (approximately 2 3/8" crimped) and only six will fit - Benelli knows this and told me this is as designed. This means common defensive shells, including Federal 00 8 or 9 pellet varieties of Personal Defense loads and slugs and Hornady 00 defensive loads (Black, Critical Defense, TAP) and slugs are too long for more than six in the seven round factory magazine the way it comes. I encourage you to call to validate this yourself.