Need help with Benelli B76 pistol

AR

Thought I was pretty talented at figuring out anything mechanical. But, I sure can't figure out the takedown on a recently purchased B76 9mm. Can someone help me out with this? Benelli site doesn't yet have manuals available.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

It's fairly easy (once you know how). Pull the slide to the rear as far as it will go and then set the safety. This locks the slide. Next, move the two little arms in the locking support piece, at the rear of the slide , inwards so that they point back. Use a punch or a small screwdriver to push the firing pin forwards to clear the locking piece and push the lockng piece down. This can be a bit ackward but you should then be able to remove the item. Watch out for the firing pin, which may spring back at this point. Hold the slide and release the safety. It should then slide forwards off the frame. The barrel is fixed so it stays behind but look out for the brechblock, which will fall out. watch out, especially for the breechblock toggle lever, which is quite small and is easily lost. That's all there is. Finally, mail me your firing pin (mione broke last week) smile.gif . Re-assembly is the reverse. Note how the toggle fits so you can replace it. Some of the old firearms disassembly books have details of stripping and assembly (Late 70's to mid 80's most likely). Hope this helps

Originally posted by AR:

Thought I was pretty talented at figuring out anything mechanical. But, I sure can't figure out the takedown on a recently purchased B76 9mm. Can someone help me out with this? Benelli site doesn't yet have manuals available.

Thanks

Originally posted by Pat McGrane:

It's fairly easy (once you know how). Pull the slide to the rear as far as it will go and then set the safety. This locks the slide. Next, move the two little arms in the locking support piece, at the rear of the slide , inwards so that they point back. Use a punch or a small screwdriver to push the firing pin forwards to clear the locking piece and push the lockng piece down. This can be a bit ackward but you should then be able to remove the item. Watch out for the firing pin, which may spring back at this point. Hold the slide and release the safety. It should then slide forwards off the frame. The barrel is fixed so it stays behind but look out for the brechblock, which will fall out. watch out, especially for the breechblock toggle lever, which is quite small and is easily lost. That's all there is. Finally, mail me your firing pin (mione broke last week) smile.gif . Re-assembly is the reverse. Note how the toggle fits so you can replace it. Some of the old firearms disassembly books have details of stripping and assembly (Late 70's to mid 80's most likely). Hope this helps

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...