Benelli Performance Super Sport

topleft

Ordered my first shotgun for sporting clays after numerous visits to several LGS and ranges.  Originally I was favoring the Beretta line, but my current M4 refocused my preference and yesterday I ordered the 30" 12 gauge.  Other than replacing the shell carrier (already have TTI on my desk), is there anything else I should prepare?

For sporting clays, no.  Even the TTI carrier isn't really needed for that.  It's not like you're having to do speed reloads when shooting clays of any kind.  The only thing that might be useful is a thicker or thinner recoil pad, depending on what you get with the gun and whether the LOP needs a slight adjustment. 

On 3/24/2019 at 3:39 PM, truckcop said:

For sporting clays, no.  Even the TTI carrier isn't really needed for that.  It's not like you're having to do speed reloads when shooting clays of any kind.  The only thing that might be useful is a thicker or thinner recoil pad, depending on what you get with the gun and whether the LOP needs a slight adjustment. 

Thanks!  I'm really anxious to get the shotgun and will look into what the stores have (thicker & thinner) so I'm prepared either way.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/15/2019 at 7:08 PM, jimbo45 said:

I bought one of these in feb and like it alot. I didn't need to change anything on mine.

Thanks!  Just returning home, so I hope to fire it tomorrow or it'll be another week until I can get to the range.