Yet another m-lok forend...

Scout_21

That looks similar to the Strike Industries forend design. I could be wrong, but I see set screws similar to the Strike Industries Benelli M4 handguard. I really don't like that design because it really gouges the weapon everywhere the screws contact for a snug fit. I'd dig it more if they used nylon tipped set screws or anything other than something that messes up such a fine shotgun.

The Mesa Tactical Truckee handguard looks like the best design so far to me. No set screws, it's longer than the original handguard and Mlok all over. I haven't see a video showing how it is installed yet though.

413059607_MesaTacticalTruckee.thumb.jpg.85c7a6354e59f7636b0811c7b297118d.jpg

Edited by NineInchNails

• 1 month later...

I contacted Briley a month or so ago and they were hoping to have them in a month or so... hopefully soon

I did as about 922r and was told this

"Yes,  All the materials used: steel, titanium, aluminum extrusions, aluminum bar stock, carbon and all machining is USA made. "

They are also planning a full length carbon fiber magazine tube... not sure how I feel about that

• Upvote 2

• 1 year later...

I went through several videos of the Hayl rail installation and should have relied on my first intuition which was similar to other product reviews.  Using very tiny set screws to force fit this rail to the M4 frame 1) damages the finish on the frame, 2) is susceptible to slipping without permanent set screw lock tight, and 3) makes removal of the rail nearly impossible without stripping the set screws.  Two of the four set screws did strip when I removed the rail forcing me to purchase a stripped set screw removal tool.  While the other options in the market do not have the aesthetics that the Hayl Rail does, the stable mount is more important.  One word of caution DO NOT PURCHASE the Truckee forend because it simply will not fit the M4.  There is no way to pass the forend beyond the M4 gas pistons without "using a hammer".  I tried many angles to install that rail, both directions, rotating both directions.  There is a reason why there is NO Video showing the installation of the Truckee forend.  Noone would be willing to do this live because it can't be done without potential damage to the firearm IMO.  I have found other similar feedback.  As of now, over 3 weeks of e-mails, phone calls, Mesa Tactical customer service has not sent return postage for the Truckee.  The quest to find the best overall rail continues.  I put the standard rail back on my M4 until someone provides a solid alternative.  I'm looking at the Raven foreend, the Briley, and the Agency Arms (hate the look of those silver screws).

5 hours ago, MKEVC said:

I went through several videos of the Hayl rail installation and should have relied on my first intuition which was similar to other product reviews.  Using very tiny set screws to force fit this rail to the M4 frame 1) damages the finish on the frame, 2) is susceptible to slipping without permanent set screw lock tight, and 3) makes removal of the rail nearly impossible without stripping the set screws.  Two of the four set screws did strip when I removed the rail forcing me to purchase a stripped set screw removal tool.  While the other options in the market do not have the aesthetics that the Hayl Rail does, the stable mount is more important.  One word of caution DO NOT PURCHASE the Truckee forend because it simply will not fit the M4.  There is no way to pass the forend beyond the M4 gas pistons without "using a hammer".  I tried many angles to install that rail, both directions, rotating both directions.  There is a reason why there is NO Video showing the installation of the Truckee forend.  Noone would be willing to do this live because it can't be done without potential damage to the firearm IMO.  I have found other similar feedback.  As of now, over 3 weeks of e-mails, phone calls, Mesa Tactical customer service has not sent return postage for the Truckee.  The quest to find the best overall rail continues.  I put the standard rail back on my M4 until someone provides a solid alternative.  I'm looking at the Raven foreend, the Briley, and the Agency Arms (hate the look of those silver screws).

I had the Hayl rail and the feel was great, but like you mentioned the set screws was an issue. At the time there weren’t any better options, but that changed when Briley and Agency came out with their Mlok options. I ended up getting the long Briley rail. They have a shorter one that is the same size as the factory handguard , but I wanted the longer one so my light sits as far forward as possible. I couldn’t be happier with it. It’s rock solid yet removable with no tools. The endless amount of Mlok slots makes setting things up to your liking easier. 

0F1D4242-E093-4AD1-85DF-0886E3E105A0.jpeg

• Like 2