Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Benelli Forums
Scout_21

Yet another m-lok forend...

Posted (edited)

That looks similar to the Strike Industries forend design. I could be wrong, but I see set screws similar to the Strike Industries Benelli M4 handguard. I really don't like that design because it really gouges the weapon everywhere the screws contact for a snug fit. I'd dig it more if they used nylon tipped set screws or anything other than something that messes up such a fine shotgun.

The Mesa Tactical Truckee handguard looks like the best design so far to me. No set screws, it's longer than the original handguard and Mlok all over. I haven't see a video showing how it is installed yet though.

413059607_MesaTacticalTruckee.thumb.jpg.85c7a6354e59f7636b0811c7b297118d.jpg

Edited by NineInchNails

Ah, missed that.  I wish the m-lok slots were higher up on the truckee forend.

I think I'll wait for the m4a1 forend to come out from benelli

This Briley unit looks promising. I don’t think those are set screws. They’re too far forward on the rear set. They’re likely a mounting for whatever they designed to interface with the existing handguard retainers. 

Thanks for the video, I enjoyed watching that. I really like how it's a drop-in part and the screws only secure the adapter. Very cool.

I contacted Briley a month or so ago and they were hoping to have them in a month or so... hopefully soon

I did as about 922r and was told this

"Yes,  All the materials used: steel, titanium, aluminum extrusions, aluminum bar stock, carbon and all machining is USA made. "

They are also planning a full length carbon fiber magazine tube... not sure how I feel about that

• Upvote 2

Thanks I appreciate the info. Briley has my entry barrel for threading so I'll talk to them next week most likely and see if there is an update.

I talked to Briley today to pay for my barrel threading and I asked about the forend and they said its not ready and to just keep checking.

• Like 1

the link at the start of this thread now only gives an error hopefully that doesn't mean that this forend has been scrapped.

Most likely they got tired of people emailing them about when they could buy it 😂

15 hours ago, Scout_21 said:

I wouldn't imagine the would shut down their site over one item 😛   what conspiracy are you imagining?

Production problems, quality issues, price point issues, reliability issues, legal issues....

Oh, sure any and all of those can be issues.  However Briley has had the m2 forends for some time so it's not like this is completely new water for them