WTB Benelli M4 Standard stock

uptou2

• 1 year later...
5 minutes ago, Skyblaze said:

I too need a Benelli M4 Standard Stock (no pistol grip) from a Benelli #11795.

I have a new Benelli M4 #11794 with pistol grip.

I can purchase a Standard Stock (no pistol grip) from someone or trade the pistol grip stock for an non pistol grip M4 stock.

Gary

949-205-5353

Just curious as to why you want to go to a non pistol grip?

The driver for 922R is the 7 round magazine tube on the M4. When that is installed, if US made, you must replace an additional 2-3 Italian made parts with US made parts. 2 more parts if your gun has the field stock or solid pistol grip stock, 3 more if you install the OEM the collapsable PG stock even if you don't increase mag capacity.

IOW, replacing the Italian made pistol grip stock with the OEM Italian made field stock has done nothing as far as compliance goes. It is still a foreign made part.

Pistol grip stock or not, it has no bearing on compliance with 922R, unless it is a US made stock.

Edited by Evolution

15 minutes ago, Evolution said:

Pistol grip stock or not, it has no bearing on compliance with 922R, unless it is a US made stock.

This is my understanding as well.  If you have a fixed stock (either pistol grip or field stock) you need to replace 3 parts if modifying the gun to maintain 922r compliance.  If you have an OEM collapsible stock, or change the stock to OEM collapsible, you will need to change 4 parts to maintain compliance.

Hmmm, I think I just repeated what Evolution just said...

FFT has a few videos on the issue here:  https://freedomfightertactical.com/pages/fft-videos

Features which are not recognized as sporting include, but are not limited to, folding or telescoping stocks, pistol grips that protrude conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon, a bayonet or bayonet mount, a flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor, a grenade launcher and night sights. 

----

Mag tube is not in the above sentence.  Is the M4 specifically an exception to this criteria?  It's not an imported surplus arm and not a machine gun.

Are you sort of saying that we should be cautious because the ATF has the power to decide whatever they want?

As I understand it the 922R compliance only becomes an issue if you are going from a 5 round magazine to an 7 round magazine or if you have the collapsible stock. If the M4 is stock with a pistol grip stock and a 5 round magazine then no need to worry about 922R. It only becomes an issue if your M4 has either/or both mods. 

I think that this is the most concise explanation (that I have seen) of what is required to stay in compliance for the M4 and other Benellis.

Are you in California by chance? I only ask because some of the wording that you used in your post is strikingly similar to the wording that is used in parts of the California AW laws as regards SA CF rifles.. 

922R is a whole other ball of wax not to be confused with any Ca. AW laws.

Below is a list of the import parts restricted by 922r as it applies to the Benelli M1/M2/M4 shotguns once you increase magazine capacity past the "sporting use" limit of 5 rounds. You are allowed a maximum of (10) of these parts to remain in compliance with 922r import restrictions. The factory M2 has only (12) of these parts, the factory M4 with fixed pistol grip stock has (13), and the factory M4 with the collapsible/separate butt stock & pistol grip has (14). 
BATFE has made it clear that the collapsible-capable stock, even if fixed as on the factory Limited Edition 1 of 2500 Benelli M1014, constitutes (2) separate 922r parts: a butt stock AND a pistol grip. 
Conversely, the fixed M1/M2/M4 pistol grip stock constitutes only one of these parts just as the NON-pistol grip M1/M2/M4 butt stock does. When you get the number of imported parts on this list down to (10), you are in compliance with 922r.

1 Receiver
2 Barrel
3 Bolt
4 Bolt Carrier
5 Gas Piston
6 Trigger Housing
7 Trigger
8 Hammer
9 Disconnector
10 Butt stocks
11 Forearm
12 Magazine body
13 Followers
14 Pistol grip  

Edited by Evolution
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 1 year later...
On 9/30/2020 at 4:59 PM, Evolution said:

I think that this is the most concise explanation (that I have seen) of what is required to stay in compliance for the M4 and other Benellis.

Are you in California by chance? I only ask because some of the wording that you used in your post is strikingly similar to the wording that is used in parts of the California AW laws as regards SA CF rifles.. 

922R is a whole other ball of wax not to be confused with any Ca. AW laws.

Below is a list of the import parts restricted by 922r as it applies to the Benelli M1/M2/M4 shotguns once you increase magazine capacity past the "sporting use" limit of 5 rounds. You are allowed a maximum of (10) of these parts to remain in compliance with 922r import restrictions. The factory M2 has only (12) of these parts, the factory M4 with fixed pistol grip stock has (13), and the factory M4 with the collapsible/separate butt stock & pistol grip has (14). 
BATFE has made it clear that the collapsible-capable stock, even if fixed as on the factory Limited Edition 1 of 2500 Benelli M1014, constitutes (2) separate 922r parts: a butt stock AND a pistol grip. 
Conversely, the fixed M1/M2/M4 pistol grip stock constitutes only one of these parts just as the NON-pistol grip M1/M2/M4 butt stock does. When you get the number of imported parts on this list down to (10), you are in compliance with 922r.

1 Receiver
2 Barrel
3 Bolt
4 Bolt Carrier
5 Gas Piston
6 Trigger Housing
7 Trigger
8 Hammer
9 Disconnector
10 Butt stocks
11 Forearm
12 Magazine body
13 Followers
14 Pistol grip  

So, if the M4 OEM stock/pistol grip combo is replaced with standard OEM stock, does that eliminate item 14 above and only 3 more parts need to be replaced with US made parts in order to limit to 10 imported parts? Thanks.

1 hour ago, Rayban84 said:

So, if the M4 OEM stock/pistol grip combo is replaced with standard OEM stock, does that eliminate item 14 above and only 3 more parts need to be replaced with US made parts in order to limit to 10 imported parts? Thanks.

Depends if you’re going to say you “replaced” that part… cuz that’s a modification, so no 

28 minutes ago, Ben elLes said:

Depends if you’re going to say you “replaced” that part… cuz that’s a modification, so no 

I see. So, if it was bought originally without a pistol grip, then you need to replace only any of the 3 imported parts, correct? 

Thanks.

6 hours ago, Rayban84 said:

I see. So, if it was bought originally without a pistol grip, then you need to replace only any of the 3 imported parts, correct? 

Thanks.

Yeah if you replace anything you're supposed to 922 it.  

edit: and yes that’s 3 parts for the fixed.  Easiest/cheaper is tube follower and Forgrips… I suppose a trigger is the cheapest but if you want the tube then what I said is cheaper cuz your already paying for the tube.

Edited by Ben elLes