Brand new M4 M1014 Limited Edition Question

Jbw2019

Hey everyone. I just bought a brand new M1014 limited edition model, and as I was inspecting it I noticed that it does not have the 3 position recoil / Adjustment Tube! WTF! I thought the M4's all  come with the 3 position recoil / Adjustment Tube on it. Does anyone know why mine does not? Im pretty upset about it.

That would make it a telescoping stock and that sort of thing cannot be sold to us lowly civilians thanks to the gungrabbers and their skewed way of looking at guns, especially the black ones. (the fixed stock M4 does have the 3 notch receiver extension) The good news is that it's fixable. Forum member Stranger Danger specializes in swapping out the receiver extension so you can then have it configured like you want. I suggest you contact Stranger Danger via the forum PM.

• Like 1

Thanks, guys!!

Yeah, I would totally love some help with that "StrangerDanger". I have a heat gun that's rated for 700-1000 degrees so hopefully that will be good enough. Is there any other tools needed. I ordered a new Benelli M1014 3 position recoil / Adjustment Tube so im gonna be waiting to do this until I get it. It might be a little while though it sounds like. Im hoping it will fit and swap right in. I'll say something here once I get it. 

I found this on the web "M4 Lock Nut For Adjustment Tube" am I gonna need this or will the one on the shotgun now the same?

I haven't had good luck with a heatgun on any of the newer M4's. I tried for two hours on one once and got nowhere. The MAPP torch is the way to go. It only takes about 3 - 4 minutes to break the factory thread locker down.

You can use the existing locknut which is 27mm on the new receiver extension.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Strangerdanger;

Hey man I got my recoil tube in and I am ready to take the old one off. I did find an old form post that you gave instructions to someone else and read the whole thing. It sounds pretty straightforward. The new recoil tube I received has the spring and all that stuff already in it,  so I don’t need to remove the internals from the existing one. I can literally just swap tubes. So it sounds like all I really need to do is heat the locknut and be careful and go slow trying to remove it, clean the threads and install the new one to the same depth as the existing one was which looks pretty much flush on the inside. Time the recoil tube with the buttstock installed so you can make sure it’s straight  and then tighten the locknut down.  Is that pretty much the jist of it? I will obviously add new Loctite to the threads but it sounds like that’s pretty much all I have to do right? Is there a specific foot pounds of torque for the locknut or do I just tighten it snug by hand and be careful not to over tighten it? 

Ok. So Im having issues getting the receiver solidly secure in my vice. the jaws are I think are a little narrow. and I need to adjust the height. I did end up buying a MAP torch and I have a infrared heat reader so I'm go to go with heating. 

But, I think I would like your instructions on removing the lock nut and recoil tube for sure. I tried to get it hot but not sure how hot is enough or too hot. Because it didn't budge and I don't want to over heart the receiver. 

In my own personnel experience, the thread locking agent begins to smoke just a bit before its ready to be overcome. 

I too was very afraid of overheating my parts, but found this common sign to be pretty universal when dealing with there loctite.  I've molested 6 M4's now... mag tubes and recoil tubes.

• Like 1

Just saw this.

You want to take the internal parts out of the installed receiver extension so you aren’t heating the spring and lubricant inside.

When I put the receiver in the vice, I have the shotgun upside down with the trigger guard up. I clamp on beneath the rear sight and be sure not to smash the trigger group pin. You want the receiver stripped of all parts. Stock and barrel should be out. 

Youll be applying heat for about 45 seconds at a time. Then slip the 27mm wrench over the lock nut and give it a try. Don’t put a lot of torque on it. You want the heat to do its job. When it doesn’t budge, put more heat on it mainly focusing on the base of the old receiver extension. Then try the wrench again. You’ll see the nut turn a few degrees then get stuck. Apply more heat and try again until it has been removed. 

Once the nut is free, focus on the receiver extension. Apply more heat and use a 18 or 19mm wrench on the flats of the receiver extension down at the bottom of the extension. You need to keep track of how many full rotations it takes to remove the extension so that you can install the new one at the same depth. 

• Like 2

Yep, got it done!  Well, I haven’t installed the new one yet but I got the existing one off and the receiver all cleaned up. Thank you everyone for all your feedback and help!!

I think this was the fist time I actually got great help using a forum before. So glad I asked. You guys rock ????

• Like 1

Hey guys. Not to step on anyone's toes on this thread, but this all concerns me also, as of the week before last!! Lol. I got the M4 H20 model. I did get the fixed stock, so now I am in search of the collapsible... One on EBAY for $459 or something REDICULOUS like that. But I went on Benelliparts.net and it is letting me purchase one, or so it appears. It is the all black, but I don't care. They are also charging $399(WTF???) I thought it was supposed to be $249 through Benelli? The is a space for a "Coupon Code", but the internet is full of BS ones that don't work. Does anyone know where I can get one cheaper or a code I can use? I also need the 7 Round NP3 Titanium Mag Tube(Wish they made a full length Carbon Fiber... That would be cool!).. Anyway, please let me know if you guys have any idea. Or if Stranger Danger happens to see this. Anyone here can respond to me here, or my email at [email protected]... Just if anyone has the time. Thank you all!! This is a great Forum, BTW!

Figgy

They were $249 but benelli doesn't sell that part directly to civilians so there will be mark up.  You either go through a reseller (like benelliparts.net) or gunbroker or use your LE credentials and go through your department.

They were $699 or more during the craze of 2012 or so... just FYI

Figgy - 

I’ve heard that Briley is making a carbon fiber mag tube. No weight specs have been released yet.

You won’t find a magazine tube that is titanium and Np3 plated. Your H2O isn’t likely Np3 plated. Only the original H2O’s were and they are very expensive now. The current production models are cerakoted to appear silver. You can get a muted finish carriercomp Titanium tube that will match pretty well. I’ve had those NP3 plated in the past and the finish will adhere to the tube. Robar won’t warranty it however. Real NP3 won’t be a perfect match for Cerakote NP3 if that makes sense.

Lately the collapsible stock’s have been hard to find which has caused the price to climb. Benelli doesn’t sell these to the public. The main source for these comes from the Benelliparts owner. I guess he has an Italian uncle or something to get them in bulk. No one knows how or where his source is. 

Thanks for the response! I thought it didn't feel like NP3. I had an HK USP coated when they first started the NP3 in 2011, and it feels COMPLETELY different from my Benelli. I just wasn't sure, since the call it NP3 everywhere...

As far as the magtube, if it's full length carbon fiber, I might do it anyway! I love carbon fiber!! And for the stock, if I can get one at the $400-450 range, I should probably just do it if I really want one then, I am guessing?.... Or do you maybe know anyone with an extra, or even someone that might want the pistolgrip stock that I could trade with?

Thanks again!

Eric "Figgy" Figueroa 

And they were up to $699???? Really? WOW!! NO WAY would I ever pay that... lol

I do have a buddy with Homeland Security who Might be able to help me. If I remember correctly, he may owe me a favor from back in high school.... lol.. Almost 30 years ago.. Worth a try I guess.

At that price point, you’re better off buying a m1014 and taking the collapsible stock from it then selling that shotgun back off with the regular pistol grip stock on it. 

I haven’t seen any stock’s lately. It’s been a dry spell for most of this year. I usually buy mine straight from Benelliparts. 

I wasn’t real thrilled with Benelli switching the H2O to Cerakote. While Cerakote is a nice finish, it’s a big disingenuous to call it an H2O. They should have gave it a different naming scheme. I had a few clients have me remove the finish and send it to Robar for the real thing. It takes forever and isn’t cheap though.