What is the Concensous on TTI?

Milspec

I like some of their products, but others are poorly conceived in my opinion.

The TTI shell elevators

These are great. I can't tell a difference between the TTI and the FFT unit. They do work well for loading quicker and less pickle fork thumb bite.

The TTI Stainless Bolt Handle

Many people hate these, but I've never had an issue with them? Others have claimed they have been able to over insert the bolt handle into the carrier. I've never experienced this.

The TTI lightened spring kit

This caused nothing but light firing pin strikes when I installed them.

The TTI oversized bolt release

I didn't really like this product. The pad bolts to the outer face of the factory bolt release. Since the bolt release actually pivots to function, you'll notice the forward part of the pad is sticking out pretty far from the receiver. You just added a snag hazard. Drilling and tapping is beyond the skill level of the average owner, making it difficult to install.

The TTI oversized safety

These were okay, but I prefer the DMW design.

The TTI custom package

No experience with this. Never heard of anyone with one either. I'd like to try one of the lightened bolt carriers, but not at the package price point.

11 hours ago, StrangerDanger said:

I like some of their products, but others are poorly conceived in my opinion.

The TTI shell elevators

These are great. I can't tell a difference between the TTI and the FFT unit. They do work well for loading quicker and less pickle fork thumb bite.

The TTI Stainless Bolt Handle

Many people hate these, but I've never had an issue with them? Others have claimed they have been able to over insert the bolt handle into the carrier. I've never experienced this.

The TTI lightened spring kit

This caused nothing but light firing pin strikes when I installed them.

The TTI oversized bolt release

I didn't really like this product. The pad bolts to the outer face of the factory bolt release. Since the bolt release actually pivots to function, you'll notice the forward part of the pad is sticking out pretty far from the receiver. You just added a snag hazard. Drilling and tapping is beyond the skill level of the average owner, making it difficult to install.

The TTI oversized safety

These were okay, but I prefer the DMW design.

The TTI custom package

No experience with this. Never heard of anyone with one either. I'd like to try one of the lightened bolt carriers, but not at the package price point.

Great insight, thanks.

I too saw the installation for the TTI bolt release.  I can pull off the install no problem.  My concern is the way it fastens to the factory bolt release.  It seems like a lot of pressure and torque put on that little screw.

Can anyone recommend solid options for a different oversized bolt release and a trigger spring kit?

Any experiences with the trigger group on Benelliparts.net?  It looks like a good value at $199 being NP3+ plated.  I wonder if this was an OEM trigger group that was plates here.  I think technically it would then be product of the USA.

Edited by Milspec

I got the GG&G bolt release for a few reasons. It wasn’t a modify your existing one type of kit. It comes complete with the whole assembly. I can handle to modifying but I did this to have a spare. Second it doesn’t have huge logos all over it. Third it has a slot so it doesn’t rotate. Fourth it doesn’t stick out as much as other either. 

Edited by Sigma05
  • Like 1

I even tried making my own mechanism that kept the original button un-drilled or inducing any accidental twisting of the button..

https://forums.benelliusa.com/topic/21323-i-made-a-thingy/?tab=comments#comment-143672

In the end, the original button seems to work better than anything. Its small and snag free. 

Edited by Jolly Roger

I prefer the GG&G bolt release too. They prevent the pad from turning by machining some notches in the button that index with the button pad. You might be able to enhance these TTI buttons by filing the face of the button to create a slight angle for the pad to install at. This isn't ideal though.

FFT sells a decent spring kit for the trigger pack. These are made by Wolff and aren't meant to lighten anything.

No experience with the benelliparts trigger packs.

Simply plating a part doesn't make it US produced. Benelli got in trouble trying this with the original H2O. The ATF shut that down real quick.