M3 Stock Question, Shorter LOP Wanted

71_Bronco

Just recently picked up an M3 used, HK marked with the 7-shot mag tube and rifle sights.

The standard stock is long for my taste (I'm not a big guy), so I'm trying to figure out my options.

Obviously one route is the Supernova Colapsible stock, but that's a rather pricey conversion.

I've read you can get a pretty short LOP with a comfortech stock and a small / short recoil pad. Can I get a comfortech stock for my M3?

Another option would be to find a used, wood M1 stock, cut it down and mount my own pad. However, I dont really have the tools / experience to do this kind of mod.

Any help would be much appreciated.

While the comfortech stock with short recoil pad option would pretty much accomplish what you're going for,  the comfortech stocks will not fit the older generation guns.  There have been folks over the years do a modification of the original stock but that's even more complicated than the wood stock cut-down you already mentioned.  Without some serious modifications, you're pretty much stuck with what you've got. 

Its not terribly hard to modify/shorten LOP on your OEM stock. Plus you get a sense of accomplishment by doing it yourself. A Dremel tool is your best friend in doing mods like this. Here are a couple pics of my M3 before and after I chopped her down. 

Green tape and a exacto blade made a nice straight line to follow, after that I decided to just reuse the oem but pad so I had to Dremel a step/recess for it to fit. (picture was taken before final sanding was done) You could also use a limbsaver pad with an adapter plate as well.  Here is a link to that M3 project if youre interested....it was a fun build. 

https://forums.benelliusa.com/topic/21328-some-m3-love/?tab=comments#comment-143712

P1110798.JPG

P1110801.JPG

Edited by Jolly Roger

Thanks Jolly Roger. I may end up going this route, though I'd buy a factory replacement stock to do it to in case I mess up. Also, I'd like to keep all the stock parts separate so I can put it back to the way I got it.

I was also looking at the Urbino stock from Mesa Tactical, but I'd rather try to stick with the straight, field style stock than the pistol grip.