Scored another m4

filthy phil

44 minutes ago, Milspec said:

I’d like to know what Benelli alters and what parts they use on these to make them 922R compliant.

It's not 922R compliant... It's an LE model and not intended for sporting purposes.  Now if a civilian purchases it and got in trouble BATFE could add that to the charges.

1 hour ago, filthy phil said:

I mean money wise.

I've been seeing 5 round straight stock guns for $1700 so when I saw that last night I took the plunge 

Like I said... if you're happy it doesn't matter what others think. 

The hard truth is one could get them for less depending on the dealer, though there would be wait time.  This was available now... but there's always going to be mark up especially through an auction site that charges additional money.

Edited by Scout_21

• 1 year later...
On 6/28/2019 at 2:37 PM, Scout_21 said:

It's not 922R compliant... It's an LE model and not intended for sporting purposes.  Now if a civilian purchases it and got in trouble BATFE could add that to the charges.

Unlikely as 922(r) only applies to whomever assembles any rifle or shotgun identical to those which are prohibited from importation. If one party purchases a rifle or shotgun another party has assembled in a prohibited configuration then the buyer cannot be charged with that offense although that may be difficult to establish downrange.

Interesting. 

It would seem that  if I were defending this individual it could be used to show there was no intent to break the law. But then it leaves open how individuals could buy multiple guns not in compliance and then declare they are not liable. I don’t know. 

Edited by Outlawyer