Anyone using after market springs in their M4 trigger housing?

Milspec

Just wondering how many people are using aftermarket springs in their M4 trigger housings.

FFT, TTI and even A&S has a safety spring, (hammer spring, trigger spring, carrier spring disconnector spring etc)

Curious what results have been had.  Good, bad or indifferent.

Edited by Milspec

With a TTI reduced power hammer spring I had several light primer strikes (FTF) using Fed or Win cheap bird shot (about 100 rounds).  This was several years ago.  I also installed the FFT trigger package (trig, hammer, dis-connector) at the same time.  I went back to the OEM spring.  I did like the pull with the TTI spring - definitely reduced weight.  Felt good, but the occasional lack of a bang made it a no-go for me.

I just notice that FFT uses Wolf springs...I wonder if they are better than TTI's springs.  Anyone?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Birdog19 said:

With a TTI reduced power hammer spring I had several light primer strikes (FTF) using Fed or Win cheap bird shot (about 100 rounds).  This was several years ago.  I also installed the FFT trigger package (trig, hammer, dis-connector) at the same time.  I went back to the OEM spring.  I did like the pull with the TTI spring - definitely reduced weight.  Felt good, but the occasional lack of a bang made it a no-go for me.

I just notice that FFT uses Wolf springs...I wonder if they are better than TTI's springs.  Anyone?

Thanks for sharing.  That’s exactly why I’m trying to “take the temperature” .

I am also curious about the FFT springs.

It’s interesting to gauge how many use springs other than oem.

Edited by Milspec

'Spec -

Sounds like you're in it like I was 5 years ago and am again renewed as I take my next step in mod'ing the M4.  I'd do some searches for "springs" and "trigger pull/weight" etc and see what this old forum has to offer.   I did that on another topic and found myself reading for hours -- good stuff.  That, and wait to see if some of the sages of this forum chime in.

ATB, Birdog

• Like 1

I've had good luck with the FFT spring kit. They aren't meant to be lighter or extra power or anything like that. They're produced by Wolff to be a higher quality than OEM springs which tend to take a set.

I did not have good luck with the TTI spring kit. I had light primer strikes and ended up removing the springs.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...