SBE 2 worst gun in 2004

Laz

Its been almost 3 weeks and we have still no word for Montefeltro about the safety... The way it is now the gun is almost useless in any hunting condition unless you don't use the safety. If your thinking of getting one don't!!!!!! You will not be happy until this issue is fixed...

its not that bad. I shot mine for the first time today and forgot to take off the safety before I shot and I was able to take it off on the fly pretty easily. **** the one on my 682 Gold E Sporting (easily double the price of the SBE2 is harder to push off)

True it is not as smooth as the SBEI but it shouldn't keep someone from buying the gun.

When you spend about 1500 on a gun you expect little things like the safety to be functional and PRACTICAL..There should be no reason to have to apply 100psi to operate the safety. And what's up with the loud "CLICK" ? There is no way anyone here could say they are happy with the way it operates.

Well I tell ya what M1014, your response is what I expected before I even opened this thread. Your so bent on defending Benelli that if they took a turd and shaped it like a shotgun... you'd be first in line to buy one. I on the other hand would like to actually help Benelli become a better company. If complaining about poor customer service, poor workmanship and the piss poor attitude of those involved with Bennelli can be CHANGED... they would have the best company the gun world has ever seen. Instead, some folks, like you, would rather sit back and hide behind your little dreams of how good Benelli is.

As I said before... they (Benelli) can do what ever they want, but they'll do it without another gun purchase from me until the problems within the company are FIXED.

The safety on my SBEII is fine as well as the other two at the store I go to. As for customer service, I called them the other day and they didn't know the answer to my question. They called back the next day and gave me an answer. I'm very happy with Benelli so far, but that's just my experience.

Yet again, exactly what I expected...

Because YOU don't have any issues, then no one else should have any issues...

I don't care if Benelli's ONLY problem is email from customer service... if it's a PROBLEM - it should get FIXED. Or, they could take YOUR advice, and pretend nothing is wrong. You obviously know SO much about customer service... call the customer names, pretend nothing is wrong, tell them they don't deserve your product... act like an idiot... yeah, I'd want to do business with you.

M1014 -- you are a FINE example of what Benelli better not become, or they WILL become a second rate company...

Yeah, nice try M1014...

You throw insults, treat folks like idiots... and then wanna play 4th grade games...

Dude, grow up, learn some business sense and quit acting like the gun world revolves around YOU...

Again, if YOU are what Benelli IS as a company... I feel very sorry for their future.

If you spent $1500 on a shotgun you should go and spend $30 with your gunsmith and quit abusing the people who is only trying to help you.

my 2 cents.

such a whiner for the price of three boxes of ammo.

if you don´t like the gun, go and get another but remember never talk bad about your "horse" or you will never sell it even at half price.

you only see the problem. when you should only see the solution.

JOE

M1014 you need to stop saying things that my 4 year old cousin says..... BenelliShooter is right with all of the things he said.. Your just a bad element in my point of veiw.... Maybe once you stop acting like a 4 year old kid and learn to respect others then maybe...just maybe..... i might respect u but the chances of that are very very slim!!!!!! Later,

BenelliBoy

Originally posted by MASTERBLASTR:

If you spent $1500 on a shotgun you should go and spend $30 with your gunsmith and quit abusing the people who is only trying to help you.

my 2 cents.

such a whiner for the price of three boxes of ammo.

if you don´t like the gun, go and get another but remember never talk bad about your "horse" or you will never sell it even at half price.

you only see the problem. when you should only see the solution.

JOE

When I buy a gun for $1500 bucks and the company logo says:

"Performance Worth the Price"

I expect that to mean a smooth safety and a flawless working gun out of the box.

[ 06-29-2004, 08:40 AM: Message edited by: Camo ]

well .. I'll bite on this one!!

LAZ (and the rest) I'd really like to know how many of the new 2004 guns you've shot/operated in order to say such a rediculous statement.

I'd love to here you're take on the new X-2's, 1100's, Super Sport, Evolve, Cynergy's, Citori's, Tekneys, and the hundred others I left out...???

I'm happy with how they operate ... I've shot three different guns to boot.

Opinions are personal and MOST of the time justifiable but, to spread such BS on here is obsurd. I haven't read something so funny and laughable in a quite a while.

Tell ya what ... do a comparison of them ALL to the new Charles Daily lines for me so we have a basis of understanding of WHERE you're coming from...

As for the gun being useless in any hunting condition ... HA!!!!!!YOU'RE KILLING ME!!! That's a good one!!

Probably the best joke I've heard in the past 6 months since someone on here keyed the 870 as a pile of junk.

Guys get a grip!

I have a Super x-2 and love it but is a tad heavy. Also a 12 , 20 1100 and a SBE. The safety on the SBE 2 sucks to say the least and I stand behind the title of this thread. It is loud and takes a tremendous amount of force to operate.. I could be one of the few that always leaves the safety on until the gun is on its way up to my shoulder for a shot.. Just look at the last thread about the safety many people are upset and it has been over 3 weeks that the customer service rep posted.. For people to say this is the best gun ever is far from the truth.. It has problems and should never have been released the way it is and the customer service at Benelli is almost nonexistent.

Laz,

Now I understand where you are coming from with this post.

When I first saw your post I was thinking that the SBE2/M2 are not that bad since they still function (I hope after break-in anybody shot your sbe2 ) correctly.

However you raise a good point. I am one of those people that disengages the safety as I am shouldering the gun for bird hunting.

I would never hunt with my gun loaded and the safety off.

It kind of defeats the purpose of using the SBE2/M2 for bird hunting if you are not able to disengage the safety due to it being too stiff.

At the time I bought my SBE II, there were no postings on the gun forums regarding the stiff safety and I thought, incorrectly, that it would break-in.

Let us see what Benelli will do to resolve the issue without me having to spend more money.

I do not look forward to having to cut 1-2 coils of the trigger safety spring and get it back into the trigger guard.

As always, shoot safely.

[ 06-29-2004, 09:01 PM: Message edited by: threeshot ]

LAZ- You made my point for me.

... I was refering to the NEW 2004 guns ...

X-2 - 3"mag 12ga. ..

1100 - 28 & .410 Sporting (27" VR)..

Browning Gold Evolve..

Beretta Tekneys Gold Sporting..

etc .... not last years models ... glad to see your standing besides your ignorance

not too sure where anyone keyed "It's the best gun ever" but if they did, hey ... I'd laugh at that too!

Just remember it's a different gun than the SBE. *-which has a pretty slight safety due to the 'oversized' pad they added for use with gloves in the Duck blind-*

I had a problem with the SBEII at first sight ... thought it looked like an engineers and designers wet dream... But it's growng on me now.

As you stated of your pre 2004 X-2 ..." I have a Super x-2 and love it but is a tad heavy.", Did you throw a fit about it to Winchester??

Super X-2 worst gun for 1999-20?? (whenever you bought it) cause it's too heavy??

I feel the same way.. at 8lbs. they're tanks and balanced like a water-balloon...To me, that's a pretty ignorant purchase.

If you want a gun made to fit YOU and YOUR 'style' of shooting. You need to look into customizing and paying a bit after purchase to attain your personal features and likes.

It will always be this way... that is why some people/companies are in business.

I hate how triggers are soo narrow .. so i install a trigger pad to aid in makeing things a bit more comfortable... I also toss out the small front beads for a larger dia. and install a mid-rib bead ... again to aid in my personal comfort.

Get a grip!

[ 06-29-2004, 08:37 PM: Message edited by: birddog ]

Just received mine today, "gray" bluing on the barrel and very black "bluing" on receiver, mmm....

forend nut..... although nice design looks like the cheapest piece a mosberg would be fine without.

I just don´t like the plastics (they feel cheap) on top end semi-auto. they even sound "empty".

parenthood should teach some things (take a look at an Urika) like QUALITY.

design is catching up to the urika.

the air grip is very raspy.

can´t wait to shoot it.

my 2 cents.

Joe