Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Benelli Forums
StrangerDanger

Benelli M4 - Building a H2O

Beautiful.   Definitely an Inspiration piece. Just picked up an H20. I didnt want to bother asking for a letter from my chief (saving that silver bullet for something crazy) so I just got the standard h20 with the 7round tube and pistol grip. May explore getting the stock later on.  You've built a work of art.

Thanks! Did you get the Np3 plated H2O or the Cerakoted one?

The only way this one would be better is if it were an entry gun platform. And maybe that Briley rail setup I’m working on. 

The owner got this shotgun back on Friday or Saturday - he seemed to be quite happy, and he hasn’t even shot it yet!

1 hour ago, StrangerDanger said:

Thanks! Did you get the Np3 plated H2O or the Cerakoted one?

The only way this one would be better is if it were an entry gun platform. And maybe that Briley rail setup I’m working on. 

The owner got this shotgun back on Friday or Saturday - he seemed to be quite happy, and he hasn’t even shot it yet!

Price tag on the NP3 was much higher than i wanted to fork out so I went with the cerakoted model.   IIRC NP3 models are getting pretty scarce too right?

Yep. They’re around, but they command a premium over all other M4’s. There weren’t a whole lot of the NP3 modeled ones released and no new ones are currently being produced. 

Unless you make your own.

Is there a reason why your client went with the FFT forearms?  I’m just curious because it seems like he had more than enough 922r parts to cover everything and then some.

Btw that wasn’t a loaded question given that I’m selling a set.  I’m honestly wondering because it appears the client met the 922r quota.

If anything I might be considering keeping my FFT set.  Lol

It was mainly for the 922 compliance since the parts count has been left up to interpretation. So having more than necessary is better than right at the line. I hand filed the fitment so they seat well. Nothing can be done about that weird offset between the halves though. 

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
On 8/14/2019 at 2:31 AM, StrangerDanger said:

Got a bunch done today. Broke down the collapsible stock for plating.

U2qKbLR.jpg?1

The button spring is in the bag. Those springs are coated in grease.

SD, did you send in all the metal stock parts?  I would imagine not the spring but pins, tiny washers etc?  I recall you saying that you had to source different size screws for the but pad.

Edited by Milspec
Text in wrong place

15 hours ago, Milspec said:

SD, did you send in all the metal stock parts?  I would imagine not the spring but pins, tiny washers etc?  I recall you saying that you had to source different size screws for the but pad.

Correct, even the washers. Everything was sent except the spring, buttpad, cheek pad and rubber grip. The longer screws M4 .7 thread pitch x 8mm for the Limbsaver 10403 were sent. I even knocked out the screws from the OEM buttpad. 

The IWC QD Mount which isn’t shown was also done. 

• Upvote 1

Thanks SD.  How did you drive that "center" pin out of the stock.  I'm assuming it retains the button and spring.  Does the hole go clear through to the other side?

1 hour ago, Milspec said:

Thanks SD.  How did you drive that "center" pin out of the stock.  I'm assuming it retains the button and spring.  Does the hole go clear through to the other side?

Yes it does. I use a transfer punch to tap it out due to its length. Most punches aren't long enough.

• Upvote 1

On 5/26/2020 at 3:48 PM, StrangerDanger said:

The longer screws M4 .7 thread pitch x 8mm for the Limbsaver 10403 were sent.

SD, just to clarify in a previous post I thing you mentioned 16mm.  It seems 8mm would be a little small.

1 hour ago, Milspec said:

SD, just to clarify in a previous post I thing you mentioned 16mm.  It seems 8mm would be a little small.

You’re right. The 16mm makes more sense. I think I used the 8’s when the Noveske adapter plate is in play. 

• Upvote 1

Ok, cool.  Thanks, I just wanted to double check for future reference.

I know they are getting rare, but would it have been better to start with a 11711 model. Don't get me wrong, I am not a fan on cars for instance, when someone buys the very top of the line (SS, Shelby, etc) and then changes it so much they might have been fine to start with base model. I watched a tv show one time where a buy brought in an original Chevelle LS6 454 (fastest factory option if I remember right). He pulled that out to put in either a crate engine or LS engine. But, I digress. You probably already know what they look like since you are a gunsmith, but if you need any pics of the original 11711 let me know. Mine is NIB so don't want to take it apart though.

The 11711 is getting pretty rare and expensive. They’re good for collectors, but probably not the best choice if you’re a shooter. Back when they were initially released, Benelli didn’t do a good job fitting some of the parts together and caused some function issues. 

Plus building your own lets you plate a lot more parts and your accessories than a factory one will. 

• Upvote 2