Montefeltro safety

southpaw2

I am a left handed shooter and I just bought a right handed Montefeltro. It works fine for me. Here is my reasoning: When shooting clays, I never use a safety. I don't load until I am at a station, and never leave a station with a loaded gun.

When in the field, my plan is to engage the safety with my trigger finger. If you are carrying the gun at "port arms," as I would be in the field, my left thumb hovers over the safety. When I shoulder the gun, I push the safety "off" with my left thumb as I bring it to my shoulder. Should I have to take the gun from my shoulder with a round still in the chamber, I push the safety "on" with my trigger finger as I take it off my shoulder.

It's so slick, so smooth, it's almost like it's better than having a left handed safety.

There are also advantages for the left handed person in having the loading port on the right side.

So I say, "Get it."

I am not positive about the Montefeltro, but the SBE safety is meant to be reversed for those left-handed shooters using a right-handed gun. The switchover is a fairly easy proceedure. I would tend to believe that the Monterfeltro would be similar.

Originally posted by Liberty Ship:

I am a left handed shooter and I just bought a right handed Montefeltro. It works fine for me. Here is my reasoning: When shooting clays, I never use a safety. I don't load until I am at a station, and never leave a station with a loaded gun.

When in the field, my plan is to engage the safety with my trigger finger. If you are carrying the gun at "port arms," as I would be in the field, my left thumb hovers over the safety. When I shoulder the gun, I push the safety "off" with my left thumb as I bring it to my shoulder. Should I have to take the gun from my shoulder with a round still in the chamber, I push the safety "on" with my trigger finger as I take it off my shoulder.

It's so slick, so smooth, it's almost like it's better than having a left handed safety.

There are also advantages for the left handed person in having the loading port on the right side.

So I say, "Get it."