Leaking gas block M4

Schutzhund

Hello fellow Benelli enthusiasts and greetings from europe.

Has anyone ever seen this type of problem on a M4?

I bought the M4 for its know reliability and build quality and have put about 400-500 rounds through it.  One side of the gas pistons block is leaking,it cycles even the light 24 gram 2.4mm birdshot without a problem but every time i shoot it it seems that it leaks more and more.The hot leaking gasses have even burnt the handguard from the inside a little.In the video i hold one end closed with my finger and shoot compressed air into the block (sprayed it with car tyre leak liquid before so i can see where it leaks).

My shotty is on its way back to Italy for factory warranty and was just curious if this is a common/uncommon problem among M4 s.

Second question is has anyone seen this site : http://www.benellidefence.it

I really want the newer? style front handguards and the bigger bolt release button as seen here : http://www.benellidefence.it/sites/default/files/files/M4-Catalogue_2.pdf

Benelli calls it Multi rail system,i asked my local shop where i bought my gun which i think is the only retailer of Benellis in my country and they told me they even cant get Benelli to sell the red parts of the M2 Speed and Performance(which was launched back in 2017) seperatly.Can you guys and gals buy the M2 SP red parts or the M4 "Multi rail system" in the US?

Thank you

• 3 months later...

I went shooting today and i am happy, she ran like a champ. 

And i looked carefully at the markings on the barrel and found that indeed they gave me a new barrel assembly. At first i was thrown off by the exact same serial number on the barrel (which is also written on my permit) but the date code was CS (2017) on the barrel wich leaked and now i have CU (2019).Seems like they manufactured a new barrel with my old serial number. Is it usually the case?