2 stage trigger - 922R compliant

shootingsight

Got my 922R compliant hammer designed, production starts this week.

What is the interest level in a 2-stage trigger?  In the process of making the new hammer, I've also designed a revised hammer that makes the trigger a 2-stage.  Pull weight is slightly higher, though I'll look at reworking the springs so maybe that's a non-issue.

In rifle, 2-stage is an advantage in accuracy, because hammer release is more predictable.  However in shotgun, you sort of point and slap the trigger, because it is a shotgun.  I don't think a 2-stage will be a negative, but is it a positive to anyone out there?

Ha!  I'm glad to hear that.  I got up to prototype #7.  I thought I did a decent job mirroring the factory design, but I noticed I could get it to follow occasionally.  I assumed I had screwed up, because no way would factory hammers follow .... So this vindicates me.

Yes, I fixed the following issue.  I also fixed that sometimes if you cock it with your finger off the trigger, the hammer would sometimes stick on the trigger without fully engaging the sear, so you had to touch the trigger to get it to pop into proper engagement.

• Upvote 1