OK Benelli!! What on earth!?! M4 / M2 LACK OF INFO

kenw111

Owner of 6 Benellis, 3 M4, 2 M2 tactical, and M1S90

1. Ive NEVER FOUND anywhere on earth if the follower for (my) m2 are the SAME (guess i need to whip out the digital calipers ehh!) for my M4 ??!?!?!?

2. BENELLI contradictory info::::

A: All M4 (that i know of, including MINE 3 M4 tactical) SHIP with a III (MODIFIED) CHOKE...... which ALL LEO / MILITARY are using with BUCK and SLUGS......>Buuuuuut!!!!,  Benelli says hell no on using a modified choke with slugs (ive shot a TON of slugs thru my M4 babies)

As per Benelli here:::https://www.benelliusa.com/customer-service/faq#question_1394

It specifically says:

Which chokes are recommended for slugs?

These chokes are recommended for slugs:
       4 notches = Improved cylinder
       5 notches = Cylinder

A cylinder choke is recommended for shooting rifled slugs in a smooth-bore barrel. Sabot slugs should only be shot through our fully-rifled slug barrels.

It is not safe to shoot slugs through chokes tighter than those listed here.

..............>>

Soooo, Benelli, what the heck,  contradictory info and a LACK OF INFO.

Edited by kenw111
fix errors
  • Downvote 1

Yeah...Iv'e thought about this from time to time also. I don't have a military barreled M4 but, do they include a warning with those so equipped guns that it is not safe to shoot slugs with them?

From my understanding those military heavy walled barrels are made as modified choke.

As for me, I use an IC choke in mine for both slugs and buck. I tested accuracy at 25 yds with both a Mod and IC choke with the slugs I use and noticed no difference in accuracy from the bench at that distance.

So....I just go with what they recommend.

2 minutes ago, Evolution said:

I was thinking, maybe they don't preclude the use of slugs in the military barrels because it's not an insert choke barrel like the regular M4 barrels are.

Could it be that their thinking is you could blow out the choke insert with too much constriction?

WRONG!! It is an INSERT CHOKE,.....at least it is on all CIVILIAN M4.......ive never seen a military M4 up close.

• Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, Evolution said:

My my....such strong emotion. I think that you should check your facts, the military model M4 which is known as the M1014 does not have an insert choke in the barrels. 

Im sorry you dont listen or read full statements, but i said:

".ive never seen a military M4 up close. "

Further i said:

It is an INSERT CHOKE,.....at least it is on all CIVILIAN M4..........   I own 3 BENELLI M4.... and seen 100s of civilian M4......they ALL HAVE CHOKE inserts.

FURTHER STILL,  Benellis instructions in the link above are ALL BENELLIS, not just M4  or for Marines M4 /1014 etc etc......

suggest you READ next time before commenting

Edited by kenw111
typo
  • Downvote 1

I'm fully aware that M4's made for the civilian market use have choke insert barrels. It is the military model barrels that do not have an insert choke barrel.

That is what I said. I made no reference to civilian M4 barrels not having an insert choke.

I know that they do.

I also wondered aloud if they possibly don't preclude the use of slugs in the MILITARY barrels BECAUSE they are not insert choke barrels.

The M1014 barrel is not made to accept an insert choke.

6 minutes ago, Evolution said:

I'm fully aware that M4's made for the civilian market use have choke insert barrels. It is the military model barrels that do not have an insert choke barrel.

That is what I said. I made no reference to civilian M4 barrels not having an insert choke.

I know that they do.

I also wondered aloud if they possibly don't preclude the use of slugs in the MILITARY barrels BECAUSE they are not insert choke barrels.

The M1014 barrel is not made to accept an insert choke.

Key issue you arent seeing:

Benellis instructions in the link above are for ALL BENELLIS, not just M4  or for Marines M4 /1014 etc etc......

• Downvote 1

It's possible that those instructions as regards to chokes and shooting slugs "for all Benellis" are only related to those that are made for the civilian market and do not pertain to the military M1014.

Someone here posted a link to the manual for the M1014 awhile back and I wonder if there is anything in there pertaining to shooting slugs through them.

It's my understanding that the end bore diameter is a modified choke size.

Just now, Evolution said:

It's possible that those instructions as regards to chokes and shooting slugs "for all Benellis" are only related to those that are made for the civilian market and do not pertain to the military M1014.

Someone here posted a link to the manual for the M1014 awhile back and I wonder if there is anything in there pertaining to shooting slugs through them.

It's my understanding that the end bore diameter is a modified choke size.

HENCE the title of this post, which is LACK OF INFO FROM BENELLI

• Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, kenw111 said:

not helpful really, nobody on that thread has a clue, theyre all more than a bit in doubt.....a bit of useful info however

--They're-- 

(Ill use it in a sentence)

"I tried asking the guys on Benelli Forums for help, but they're all telling me that I'm abrasive, rude, and have no idea how to conduct myself on a public forum." 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jolly Roger said:

--They're-- 

(Ill use it in a sentence)

"I tried asking the guys on Benelli Forums for help, but they're all telling me that I'm abrasive, rude, and have no idea how to conduct myself on a public forum." 

nobody like a grammarnazi  .....people that notice a ' , or a lack thereof, have issues.   ROFL

hugs and cute fuzzy bunny rabbits.

• Downvote 1

• 1 month later...